Using FP2003 to load PHP files

Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working with a
login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my server (unix) some
of the code does not load at all and it seems to delete any tags in the code.
Is there a way around this?

Stefan B Rusynko

Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the browser (view source) because it has already been processed by
the server
There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

--

| Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working with a
| login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my server (unix) some
| of the code does not load at all and it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Stefan, thanks for your reply.........my host does support PHP. I am getting
error messages that there is no reference to a particular item on a specific
line. I am viewing the uploaded code in the server control panel. For
instance the page I am looking at with the code on it would look something
like this: mydomain.com./login/member_area/register.php
Half of the code is missing on this page so I am assuming that this is what
is causing the error message.

I looked at the page you sent me on "add ins" and could not find any
reference to PHP under the heading "Scripting/Data Base Tools". Is it called
something else?

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

If you search for PHP you will find it.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Using FP2003 to load PHP files
Subject: Re: Using FP2003 to load PHP files

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

"deacon" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
| Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

I found and added the add in. The PHP code appears to be fine in Front Page,
howerver, whenever I publish the pages to the server, the code is half
missing on each of the pages I have uploaded. As an example:

In front page the activate code appears as below.

<?
/* Account activation script */

// Get database connection
include 'db.php';

// Create variables from URL.

$userid = $_REQUEST['id'];
$code = $_REQUEST['code'];

$sql = mysql_query("UPDATE users SET activated='1' WHERE userid='$userid'
AND password='$code'");

$sql_doublecheck = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE userid='$userid'
AND password='$code' AND activated='1'");
$doublecheck = mysql_num_rows($sql_doublecheck);

if($doublecheck == 0){
echo "<strong><font color=red>Your account could not be
activated!</font></strong>";
} elseif ($doublecheck > 0) {
echo "<strong>Your account has been activated!</strong> You may login
below!<br />";
include 'login_form.html';
}

?>

On the server, the code appears as below.

0) {
echo "Your account has been activated! You may login below!";
include 'login_form.html';
}

?>

Any ideas what is causing this??

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

"deacon" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
| Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Ronx

Are you using any HTML optimisation when publishing? This could be removing
the code during the publish process.

--
Ron Symonds (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)

:

Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

message | Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Stefan B Rusynko

Reread the PHP down load page to reset PHP to use ASP style tags or see
http://www.totalpconline.com/phprocketaddin/index.php?page=faq.html

--

| I found and added the add in. The PHP code appears to be fine in Front Page,
| howerver, whenever I publish the pages to the server, the code is half
| missing on each of the pages I have uploaded. As an example:
|
| In front page the activate code appears as below.
|
| <?
| /* Account activation script */
|
| // Get database connection
| include 'db.php';
|
| // Create variables from URL.
|
| $userid = $_REQUEST['id'];
| $code = $_REQUEST['code'];
|
| $sql = mysql_query("UPDATE users SET activated='1' WHERE userid='$userid'
| AND password='$code'");
|
| $sql_doublecheck = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE userid='$userid'
| AND password='$code' AND activated='1'");
| $doublecheck = mysql_num_rows($sql_doublecheck);
|
| if($doublecheck == 0){
| echo "<strong><font color=red>Your account could not be
| activated!</font></strong>";
| } elseif ($doublecheck > 0) {
| echo "<strong>Your account has been activated!</strong> You may login
| below!<br />";
| include 'login_form.html';
| }
|
| ?>
|

| On the server, the code appears as below.
|
| 0) {
| echo "Your account has been activated! You may login below!";
| include 'login_form.html';
| }
|
| ?>
|
| Any ideas what is causing this??
|

| "Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]" wrote:
|
| > If you search for PHP you will find it.
| >
| > Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Chris Leeds, MVP-FrontPage

you can "protect" the code you're putting in your page by pasting it into an
HTML mark up web bot:
insert/web component/advanced control/ HTML mark up, then paste it into that
dialog box.

HTH

--
Chris Leeds,
Microsoft MVP-FrontPage

ContentSeed: great tool for web masters,
a fantastic convenience for site owners.
http://contentseed.com/
--

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
If you search for PHP you will find it.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Using FP2003 to load PHP files

Stefan, thanks for your reply.........my host does support
PHP. I am getting error messages that there is no reference
to a particular item on a specific line. I am viewing the
uploaded code in the server control panel. For instance the
page I am looking at with the code on it would look something
like this: mydomain.com./login/member_area/register.php
Half of the code is missing on this page so I am assuming
that this is what is causing the error message.

I looked at the page you sent me on "add ins" and could not
find any reference to PHP under the heading "Scripting/Data
Base Tools". Is it called something else?

:

Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

message | Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Thanks for all of the replies. I have copied all the suggestions and links
and will set out trying to make this work.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
If you search for PHP you will find it.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Using FP2003 to load PHP files

Stefan, thanks for your reply.........my host does support
PHP. I am getting error messages that there is no reference
to a particular item on a specific line. I am viewing the
uploaded code in the server control panel. For instance the
page I am looking at with the code on it would look something
like this: mydomain.com./login/member_area/register.php
Half of the code is missing on this page so I am assuming
that this is what is causing the error message.

I looked at the page you sent me on "add ins" and could not
find any reference to PHP under the heading "Scripting/Data
Base Tools". Is it called something else?

:

Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

message | Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Hi Chris......unable to do this as that option is greyed out whenever the php
page is open. If I switch to an html page in the same web, the insert web
component option returns.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
If you search for PHP you will find it.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: Using FP2003 to load PHP files

Stefan, thanks for your reply.........my host does support
PHP. I am getting error messages that there is no reference
to a particular item on a specific line. I am viewing the
uploaded code in the server control panel. For instance the
page I am looking at with the code on it would look something
like this: mydomain.com./login/member_area/register.php
Half of the code is missing on this page so I am assuming
that this is what is causing the error message.

I looked at the page you sent me on "add ins" and could not
find any reference to PHP under the heading "Scripting/Data
Base Tools". Is it called something else?

:

Does you host support PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting so you will not see your code in the
browser (view source) because it has already been processed by the
server There is an addin for PHP w/ FP at
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/downloads/addin/default.asp

To find the
best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:

message | Is it possible to upload PHP files with front page? I am working
| with a login script written in PHP and whenever I load it to my
| server (unix) some of the code does not load at all and
it seems to delete any tags in the code.
| Is there a way around this?

Stefan B Rusynko

Make .php a page editable by FP
Toole Configure editors, add .php and set it to use FP