Using an ActiveX control

Brian Abbott

I want to get .NetCE (C#) to use a 3rd party ActiveX control that is
supplied for use with C++/VB only. Can I do this by creating a C++ wrapper
which C# can talk to? If not, how can I use the OCX?

TIA

Brian Abbott

You can use odysseysoftware.com wrapper or create a C++ wrapper and P/Invoke
from managed code. Creating the C++ wrapper would be the harder of the two.

Brian Abbott

Thanks Kennet, Mark

The Oddyssey Software control appears to do what I want but is horrendously
expensive IMHO; so it looks like a bespoke wrapper might be the way to go

Cheers

Brian Abbott

Katie Blanch [MSFT]

Hi Brian,

Could you give me more information about the ActiveX control you'd like to
use? We're looking for specific controls for feature planning and testing.

Thanks,
-Katie