Using ADO in a Windows Form

G

I am trying to use ADO in a Windows form. It works fine from the development computer running from Visual Studio. When I copy the exe to another computer, I get an error. Can someone either confirm this behavior or give me a way to solve problem. I posted this question before but got an answer that did not solve problem. Below are the exact steps that I performed from start of project to receipt of error.

(1) Open new Windows Application project in VS 1.1 on a development computer with XP Professional; (2) Add reference for C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\ADODB.dll; (3) Add line of code: Dim adoConn As New ADODB.Connection in the Declarations section of Form1.vb; (4) Compile in Release configuration; (4) Copy only file in bin folder (..\bin\winapp1.exe) from development computer to a laptop that contains Framework 1.1 and XP Home edition only; (5) launch the .exe on laptop. At this point I get "Application has generated...." error. Laptop is very new.

If I remark out the line of code in step #3 and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6, the form opens fine on the laptop.

Ask a Question