using Active X text box control in Word Form

G

I am having trouble protecting my document for users to access. I have a form with textboxes from the control toolbox (so active x controls). I also have form fields from the forms toolbar (some dropdowns, radio buttons, etc). When I protect the form after I edit it, it seems to function perfectly - I can enter text into the text boxes and also tab through and enter info for the other controls. Then I close the document and open it again (like my users will do). Then the text boxes are not working. I cannot enter in data and when I double-click, I get the visual basic window to modify the code. (which I don't want my users to see at all!)

Any help is appreciated.

C

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?U2FyYWggRXNsaW5n?=,
I am having trouble protecting my document for users to access. I have a form with textboxes from the control toolbox (so active x controls). I also have form fields from the forms toolbar (some dropdowns, radio buttons, etc). When I protect the form after I edit it, it seems to function perfectly - I can enter text into the text boxes and also tab through and enter info for the other controls. Then I close the document and open it again (like my users will do). Then the text boxes are not working. I cannot enter in data and when I double-click, I get the visual basic window to modify the code. (which I don't want my users to see at all!).
What's your macro security setting (in tools/macro/security)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Sep 30 2003)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :)

Ask a Question