Using a macro in excel to hyperlink files

davidolone

I would like a macro to do the following:

Refer to a list of files in a folder (all with the suffix .htm)
Create a list of the files in excel using their filename as the info
to enter into the cell
Finally hyperlink each filename in excel to its repective file

It would be better if the data in the cell did not have the file's
suffix at the end of the filename e.g. car.htm

David

Jim Cone

Glad to send along the trial version of my Excel add-in "List Files".
You can specify the file extension and folder or folder/sub-folders.
You get hyperlinked files with a grouping option.
Send an email to james.coneXXX at comcast.netXXX (remove the xxx).
Please include your real name and geographic location.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

<[email protected]>