User turns off device while a program is running.

Thore Berntsen

I have tried to google this newsgroup for an answer to the following
question. But haven't found what I was looking for. I hope some of you can
help me.

I my program is running a task like importing data to a database from XML
and the user turns off power from the device. What happens then? Will the
import continue when the device is switched on again?

Thore Bertnsen.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

The program will continue right where it was when the device is
*unsuspended*, if that's what you mean by "turning the device off"
(suspending it). Obviously, if you completely unpower the device in some
way (it's an A/C powered device and you unplug it or it's a battery-powered
device and you remove the battery), nothing starts over automatically.

Paul T.

Thore Berntsen

Perfect. That's what I hoped, and what my tests indicated. Thank you for
your answer!

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT