User profile redeploiment

After DC total crash I reinstalled w3k server from zero. I had to rejoin
clients back to domain.

Now I lost profile of one of the clients rsulting that Office, aplication
data and specially Outlook Express datafiles are under the old profile.

What is the best practice to get them back? Suppose that copying everything
from oldusername/Documents and Settings/ under newusername/Documents and
settings/ isn't the right way?

If I check from Controlpanel/System/ User Profiles/ there is not anymore
left the profile which was the right one.

Regards,

Juha

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Juha said:
After DC total crash I reinstalled w3k server from zero. I had to rejoin
clients back to domain.

Now I lost profile of one of the clients rsulting that Office, aplication
data and specially Outlook Express datafiles are under the old profile.

What is the best practice to get them back? Suppose that copying everything
from oldusername/Documents and Settings/ under newusername/Documents and
settings/ isn't the right way?

If I check from Controlpanel/System/ User Profiles/ there is not anymore
left the profile which was the right one.
Hi,

I solve this by (in the registry) changing the profile path for
the new user to point to the old user's profile folder (the user
needs to log on at least once first).

From: Bruce Sanderson ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Moving a W2K PC between domains
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
Date: 2002-08-05 17:32:49 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=uz48D$NPCHA.612@tkmsftngp08

and
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...yment/msg/5a5820a4d9e9a275?dmode=source&hl=en

If the user is not a local admin, you might need to to something on the
permission side. Use tip 4631 and 2240 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
http://www.jsiinc.com as a guide.

More here as well:

Subject: Lost profile when domain name changes
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mi...3d016f22ef1/3df2c9e942dd2f87#3df2c9e942dd2f87

HOW TO: Restore a User Profile in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;314045

Thanks Torgeir

This makes perfectly sence. I will test it.

Juha Rimmi