User Control Localization

H

Horatiu Ripa

I have a control that has some localizable stuff on it (i.e a GroupBox.Text property).
I'm exposing this property of myGroupBox for the container designer through:
public string The_Caption
{
get {return myGroupBox.Text;}
set {myGroupBox.Text = value;}
}

Now:
I can see/modify this the text from the userControls properties designer (The_Caption property) but when it comes to Localization, I can't assign different values for different localizations to The_Caption.

I don't see a line in the container form like:
this.theuserControl.The_Caption = ((string)(resources.GetObject("$this.theuserControl.The_Caption")));

It does not depend on the Localizable property of the user control, I've tried it with both, but there's no reason for the control to be localizable, as long as I don't have inner properties that I want to localize, the only properties that I want to be localized are exposed. Anyhow I've tried with/without it and, for the property The_Caption, with none, either or both attributes: [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)] [Localizable(true)]
Nothing worked.

So, is it a (and which is the) way of having the container of an user control to manage at Localization the exposed property value of the contained control?
Please no silly answers.

B

Benny Tordrup

Horatio,

Change your property declareation to:

[Localizable(true)]
{
}

"Horatiu Ripa" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse I have a control that has some localizable stuff on it (i.e a GroupBox.Text property).
I'm exposing this property of myGroupBox for the container designer through:
{
}

Now:
I can see/modify this the text from the userControls properties designer (The_Caption property) but when it comes to Localization, I can't assign different values for different localizations to The_Caption.

I don't see a line in the container form like:
this.theuserControl.The_Caption = ((string)(resources.GetObject("$this.theuserControl.The_Caption")));

It does not depend on the Localizable property of the user control, I've tried it with both, but there's no reason for the control to be localizable, as long as I don't have inner properties that I want to localize, the only properties that I want to be localized are exposed. Anyhow I've tried with/without it and, for the property The_Caption, with none, either or both attributes: [DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content)] [Localizable(true)]
Nothing worked.

So, is it a (and which is the) way of having the container of an user control to manage at Localization the exposed property value of the contained control?
Please no silly answers.

Ask a Question