User Control Library using MScomm control

Peter Krikelis

Hi,

I am trying to develope a User Control Library that
features MScomm control. I test my user control in a test
application. When I run the application I receive the
following:

An unhandled exception of
type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException'
occurred in axinterop.mscommlib.dll

Additional information: Exception from HRESULT:
0x800A1F52.

However, when I use the same user control and the same
test application on my co-workers computer, I do not
receive any unhandled exceptions.

Thank You

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Peter,

I think first you can check if the versions of the MScomm.ocx control on
your 2 machines are the same.
Second, you can check the dependency of your control, if you have missed
some needed files on your machine. (Use the Dependency Walker tool which is
shipped with Visual Studio 6.0).
Third, you should check the license of your control.

Hope this helps,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support