Use winsocket in excel

G

Grey

I need to use winsocket in excel programming. do I need to purchase any license if I deploy the mswinsck.ocx object to other machines??

H

Harald Staff

Hi

This is very general, and I've done very limited testing on it:

To use "extra" components with Office programs, the user needs a license to run them in "design time". Usually this means an installation of a programming environment like Visual Studio or the Developer version of Office.

I get the impression from your questions that you have Visual Studio. If so you do have a license to distribute the OCX'es. But the users don't necessarily have a license to run them with Excel. But I believe you could compile this -and any- component into a Com Addin with VS and then distribute that for use with Excel.

Best wishes Harald
"Grey" <[email protected]> skrev i melding I need to use winsocket in excel programming. do I need to purchase any license if I deploy the mswinsck.ocx object to other machines??

Ask a Question