Use Correct Contact List in "To" Feild

bcarter

We recently got Exchange Server 2003 installed. I had all my contacts
in the Personal Folder account. I moved everything, including the
contacts to the Mailbox - Name Account, which is the Exchange
Account. All my contacts show up and everything is great. HOWEVER,
when I hit the "To" field to send an email my contacts do not show up?

I assume that I can pick the correct contacts list from the drop down
in the "Show Names From" field, but how do I make the new Exchange
Contacts the default?

Thanks in advance!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Make sure you have enabled your Contacts Folder as an email address book,
then set it to display first in your address book view. Method depends on
your Outlook version, which you are keeping a secret.

bcarter

Make sure you have enabled your Contacts Folder as an email address book,
then set it to display first in your address book view. Method depends on
your Outlook version, which you are keeping a secret.

Thanks for the prompt response!

I am using Outlook 2003. How would I go about what you explained if
you don't mind?

Thanks again!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

When you open the address book view and go to Tools > Options, you should
see a dialog box which permits you to select which Contacts Folder to
display first.

bcarter

When you open the address book view and go to Tools > Options, you should
see a dialog box which permits you to select which Contacts Folder to
display first.

Ok, I feel dumb! How do I open the address book view? If possible
can you step by step me though this? I am feeling like an idiot. I
open the contacts, go to Tools and Options and don't see anything like
this?

bcarter

--
Russ Valentine
On Nov 15, 8:48 pm, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
[...]

I think I may have found it. Sorry. I opened the contacts, then
under tools there was an address book. then under there I got to
tools, then options...i will see if this works.

Thanks again!

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The address book view is what you were already asking about. It's what
appears when you click on the To: button in a mail message or the address
book icon in the toolbar.