Use ADO recordset As Recordsource

Since I do have some forms that use similar data. Since the data is
retrieved from som complicated join operations over two databases and the
network I would like to create an ADODB.recordset and use it as datasource
for these forms.

I found the Recordsource property but it seems to work only with DAO not
with ADO. Can somebody tell me how to bind a form to a ADODB.recordset or how
to bind it to a DAO.recordset (if ADO is not possible)?

Thanks!

Douglas J Steele

What version of Access?

I know that it's possible in Access 2003. I don't have that version install
on this machine, so I can't look it up to confirm, but I think there's a new
Recordset property for forms.

RoyVidar

Thomas wrote in message
Hi,

Since I do have some forms that use similar data. Since the data is
retrieved from som complicated join operations over two databases and the
network I would like to create an ADODB.recordset and use it as datasource
for these forms.

I found the Recordsource property but it seems to work only with DAO not
with ADO. Can somebody tell me how to bind a form to a ADODB.recordset or how
to bind it to a DAO.recordset (if ADO is not possible)?

Thanks!

Check out this

RoyVidar said:
Thanks guys, your comments helped a lot. I am sorry I forgot it is Access
2003.

Does anybody know if there is any difference by using a recordset instead of
queries (each time) in terms of multi user read and write support?
I read something about shared connections but I didn't get through if there
is any difference in these access methods.