US banknotes show cocaine traces

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8204857.stm

"The largest study of banknotes has found that 95% of dollar bills in Washington DC bear traces of the illegal drug cocaine." :eek:

"Dr Yuegang Zuo, who led the research, said: "To my surprise, we're finding more and more cocaine in banknotes."

Americans , don't you just love em. :D

I wonder what the findings would be in London ;)

Reaction score
I hear the cocaine over there has 20 pound notes in
laughingsmiley.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
They done that in a london bar about 10 years ago and tested notes at random out of the till at the end of the night and most of the notes had traces of coke on them I think it was about 85% of notes..

They tested the surfaces in the toilets aswell and all surfaces had traces of coke on them at the end of the evening, all surfaces had been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before the bar opened..

Joke isn't it..There are some sad people out there that need to stick white crap up there noses to live their lives and/or have a good time..:mad:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
They done that in a london bar about 10 years ago and tested notes at random out of the till at the end of the night and most of the notes had traces of coke on them I think it was about 85% of notes..

They tested the surfaces in the toilets aswell and all surfaces had traces of coke on them at the end of the evening, all surfaces had been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before the bar opened..

Joke isn't it..There are some sad people out there that need to stick white crap up there noses to live their lives and/or have a good time..:mad:

Everyone needs to get high on something it is when it gets out of hand and takes a hold of you that is the problem. There are more alchoholics in this country than "druggies" and the damage they cause to themselves and society is far worse than the druggie problem. Balanced living is the key.

nod.gif

So it is back to good old sex and drugs and rock and roll for me.
laughingsmiley.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Well, as only less than 10% of the population use coke and at least 85% of banknotes are contaminated it just goes to show how far the average banknote travels in its lifetime.

I'm thinking of taking up banknote sniffing. :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Charlie. Overrated, overpriced and over-used.

Also one of the biggest causes of heart failure.

Snort snort :)

Reaction score
My best mate died 4 years ago from a cocaine induced heart attack.......his whole lifestyle was based around snow.
Lets just say not many people were surprised when he kicked the bucket. He just wouldn't listen to anyone.
He was 35. I still miss him.

Drugs are getting out of hand in the whole world if ya ask me. I can't see the authorities ever getting a decent hold on it.....
Its extremely to get almost any kind of drug in dublin nowadays.

Oh well.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Its extremely to get almost any kind of drug in dublin nowadays.

Oh well.

Dublin has always had a decent supply of drugs since the late 60's. The IRA were one of the biggest suppliers of drugs to the UK and the profits from their dealing helped to buy the weapons that killed a lot of decent Brits.

user.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Dublin has always had a decent supply of drugs since the late 60's. The IRA were one of the biggest suppliers of drugs to the UK and the profits from their dealing helped to buy the weapons that killed a lot of decent Brits.

user.gif

That's a bit of an inflamatory statement sir.

Drug dealing was just one source of IRA funding, all those good old Irish boys in the NYPD having a whip-round in their Irish Bars in Staten Island and Manhattan was another source.

Drugs also supply/supplied income for The Mafia/Hells Angels/Yardies/Triads and my mate George from his flat in Benson Tower on the Ferrier estate.

Saying the IRA killed decent Brits through flogging Charlie is just the tip of the iceberg of a very deep and emotive subject.

And of course all Brits are decent. Just ask those 'stupid pig ignorant thicko paddies' on the wrong end of a rifle butt from the Black & Tans at 5am in the morning.

Of course us Brits are all jolly nice types, we've never committed any atrocities or raped any countries in our entire history, oh no sir.

There are always two sides to every story.

As for drugs' availability, in my experience they've always been available anywhere I've ever been, they no exclusive to Dublin or London.

I don't think a thread remarking on cocaine traces on banknotes merits commenting on IRA drug dealers murdering 'decent Brits' but I could be very wrong.

Delicate area, all contributors please tread carefully :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
My apologies Flops. Was not meant to be inflamatory. Was just ruminating over some tales I remember hearing in my past when I replied.

bowdown.gif

Reaction score
I never knew how much Flopps liked a good old argument. If i'd known I would have posted stories about the IRA and Cats ages ago!! hahahaha.

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
tales I remember hearing in my past when I replied.

bowdown.gif

tale Noun
1. a report, account, or story: everyone had their own tale to tell about the flood
2. a malicious piece of gossip
3. tell tales a. to tell fanciful lies
b. to report malicious stories or trivial complaints, esp. to someone in authority

4. tell a tale to reveal something important
5. tell its own tale to be self-evident [Old English talu]

Reaction score
I was gonna say that MadX.....ya beat me to it. Good stuff though.

I hear Linux is great LOL