Urgent:: Move tables from one database to another database??

hi,
I have a access database. In this database there are 10 tables and this
tables are related to each other.

I want to move these tables to another database according to a field in XYZ
table (vertical fragmentation).

for example there is name coloumn in the XYZ table and I want to take only
joe lines and other tables related to that from database A and move it to
database B

how can I do this?
thanks..

Pete D.

First use a backup copy of your two databases. You said Move in you post so
you want to copy the records from one location to another and then you want
to delete the records in the original, or do you just want to copy the
records and leave the originals? You said to another data base, are these
two separate files or tables within your current file?

Use a make table query to copy the records into a new table based on field
in XYZ.
Then if you want to delete originals use a delete query based on the same
criteria from the make table query.
Next if you want to append them to another table in a separate data file
just use "File, Get External Data, Link" to your separate table. You will
only have to do this the first time.
Next create an append query and append your newly created table to the
linked table.
Once you manually do this and all is well you can automate it using a Macro
or VBA and link it to a button.
Also after everything works correctly you can skip the make table step and
just do the append query directly to the linked table. I only suggest doing
this way until you get the results you want so you can see what is going to
be appended to your link table, kind of a debugging step until you get it
right and then you can optimize it by using less queries.

"Move tables from one database to another" <Move tables from one database to
news:[email protected]...

Actually I have one original database which has many data on it and I have to
distribute this database according to a name field in city table ( so paris
DB is going to keep only data about itself) into 3 other database
(horizantal fragmentation according to the name) by query. And all other 3
database is going to have the same tables with original database.

original database isn't important after that, I can leave it like that. I
have to do it in access and I shouldn't have to use VB.