Urgent Help Required - XP reinstall

G

I am trying to reinstall XP on my buisness machine and 13 minutes from completition I get an error box and the programe freezes. The error is:

unregmp2.exe - entry point not foud

The process entry point getIUMS could not be located in dynamic link library MSDART.DLL.

Can anyone tell me how I can get around this? I have important work files on the hard drive and can't wipe it and start again. I have a spare drive which I have loaded XP on can I use that as a master and access my other installation that is having the problem and copy the files off that i need?

C

Carl

yes

--
Carl
Mapw69 said:
I am trying to reinstall XP on my buisness machine and 13 minutes from
completition I get an error box and the programe freezes. The error is:
unregmp2.exe - entry point not foud

The process entry point getIUMS could not be located in dynamic link library MSDART.DLL.

Can anyone tell me how I can get around this? I have important work files
on the hard drive and can't wipe it and start again. I have a spare drive
which I have loaded XP on can I use that as a master and access my other
installation that is having the problem and copy the files off that i need?

G

Thanks Carl. Don't bother next time .... twat!

OK - I get this error every time I do an upgrade install over an existing SP1 installation. If you click OK about 500 times, it eventually goes away and your system finishes the installation as usual. It is advisable to re-install SP1 AS SOON AS your system starts.

Good luck!

Ask a Question