Updating the VBScript Object Item thru VBA?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was giving this task to do a customization of the default meeting outlook 2007 form, adding an extra tab where extra information can be added to the meeting invite. What I found out thru different sites, was that all code need to be written in VBScript thru the “View Code”-window. What I found a little bit frustrating, and correct me if I’m wrong, was that no highlighting or any other help thru the development process is available, as you see it in e.g. VBA macros. Is this how it is meant to be?

However I found out that I can call the macros within the OutlookSession, thru the VBScript-window. What I would like to do then, is to keep the simple functionality in the VBScript and then do the update and pass on the form object thru to the VBA code, and let it do the update of the object, but is that possible?

In “View Code” of the form I have:

Sub btnSumField_Click

‘Pass on the current Meeting item/object (called “Item” in VBS?) to the VBA code.

DoSomething(Item.GetInspector)

End Sub

VBA:

Sub DoSomething(currentItem)

Set Frame1 = currentItem.ModifiedFormPages("Extra").Controls("frmInfo")

Set TextBox1 = Frame1.Controls("TextBox1")

TextBox1.Value = “hello”

End Sub

Thanks a bunch in advanced!

Adam

Ask a Question