Updating Order# in an access form

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advanced,
I' working on a form for orders to be entered in access 03. I can either set it up as a continuos form or as a single form. The thing is that I will have maybe up to 10 people entering orders in the form at the same time, my problem is that I need the order number to increase by one for every new order to maintain an increasing order number system, they currently have hundreds of open orders so lets say that the last order # is 7853.
At the end of my form there is always a blank record fo the next order entered, I would like the order# field to either have the next available order# or to maybe have a button that can run an update query that would search for the highest order number and add 1 to it.
I tried something today ina query using the max function, next to that I added an exp. where I added 1 to the result, it kind of worked but not sure how to incorporate that into the form.
Thanks so much all.
CD

Ask a Question