updating a mastertable from two tables?

Brook

I have two tables: tblCustomOrders (uses and autonumber to
create orderID, KI-0000) and tblProgramOrders (uses and
autonumber to create orderID, NW-0000).
The reason for two tables is that custom orders have a
different OrderID than the Program Orders. Both tables
have the same number and type of fields its just the
orderid is different.

I would like to maintain a MasterInventoryTable. Is there
a way that when the data is is create in each of the above
tables, the tblMasterInventory is updated with the record.
And same if the masterinventorytable is edited, the
information be sent to the corresponding table.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Brook
..

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Brook,

The preferred method would be to use VBA code. If you are NOT into writing
code then you code use Update & Append queries.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."