[Update] SpeedFan 4.28

Goeroeboeroe

What`s new:

* Added IN-DEPTH HARD DISK ONLINE ANALYSIS tool.
* Added centralized INTERNET configuration tab in CONFIG dialog.
* Added support for NForce410.
* Added support for new video cards.
* Added Temperature Sensor Type, BJT Offset and Gain support for
Fintek F75375S in CONFIGURE / ADVANCED (on Asus V9999 you might need to
set BJT OFFSET from 174 to 202).
* SMART overall indicators are computed using a more advanced
strategy.
* Updated the help file.
* Properly fixed byte swapped HDD model names.

Website: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Download: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

SpeedFan is a freeware program that monitors fan speeds, temperatures
and voltages in computers with hardware monitoring chips. SpeedFan can
even access S.M.A.R.T. info for those hard disks that support this
feature (almost all :)) and show hard disk temperatures too, if
supported. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some motherboards. At the
lowest level, SpeedFan is an hardware monitoring software, but its main
feature is that it can control the speed of the fans (depending on your
sensor chip) according to the temperatures inside your pc, thus reducing
noise and power consumption.

Peter

Charles D. Bohne

What`s new:

The website insists on registration ... but the registration
keeps telling me that my name is "invalid"???
(I tried 6 different versions ... sorry I ran out of e-mails :->)
C.

Susan Bugher

(restored the links that the OP posted)

Website: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Download: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
The website insists on registration ... but the registration
keeps telling me that my name is "invalid"???
(I tried 6 different versions ... sorry I ran out of e-mails :->)

The author doesn't want his link stolen. Heed the warning on the site
and all will be well.

<q>
Download won't work if any tool blocks it.
</q>

Click on the "SpeedFan 4.28" link to download the app. Registration is
NOT required.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Charles D. Bohne

(restored the links that the OP posted)

Website: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
Download: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

The author doesn't want his link stolen. Heed the warning on the site
and all will be well.
Stealing a LINK?
<q>
Download won't work if any tool blocks it.
</q>
Ok, if it means to shut down my firewall, I will better forget it.
Click on the "SpeedFan 4.28" link to download the app. Registration is
NOT required.
I did it more than once ...

Thanks Susan, I will have to wait till 4.28 is available at twocows
or Major Geeks.

hummingbird

Stealing a LINK?

Ok, if it means to shut down my firewall, I will better forget it.

I did it more than once ...

Thanks Susan, I will have to wait till 4.28 is available at twocows
or Major Geeks.

I downloaded v4.28 in one go without any registration requirement
or any other problems. I've even installed it and it works :)
The main .exe file also compresses nicely using UPX.

Susan Bugher

Stealing a LINK?

He doesn't want the download link to be shown on/ used by other web
sites. He doesn't want other sites using up his bandwidth. He wants
people to come to *his* site to download.
Ok, if it means to shut down my firewall, I will better forget it.

I didn't have to shut *anything* down.
I did it more than once ...
Thanks Susan, I will have to wait till 4.28 is available at twocows
or Major Geeks.

If clicking the link on the web page doesn't work for you I'm fresh out
of suggestions. Just FYI:

I didn't have any trouble downloading. I did have a little trouble
finding the link. Discovered it in the first sentence of the second
paragraph on this page:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

"The latest version is SpeedFan 4.28." "SpeedFan 4.28" is the
description of the "download link": http://www.almico.com/speedfan428.exe
Clicking on "SpeedFan 4.28" redirected to this "download link":
http://www.almico.com/installspeedfan428.exe

and the download started.

Neither of those "download links" started a download if I pasted them
into the browser's address bar. They both redirected to:
http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Thanks again, but (being behind ZoneLab) it did not work for me.
With Steven's help I now got it, nevertheless.

I saw that - glad you got the file. Good work Steven. :)

I'm assuming ZoneLab = ZoneAlarm. I use ZA too. IOW - that's not the
problem unless it's something to do with different versions of the app.
I'm using ZoneAlarm version: 5.5.062.004).

ISTM there are any number of possible explanations for the problem you
had - doubt it makes sense to try to track down the culprit.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Matt

This is 6.1.737.000 Security Suite...

If it has "referrer blocking", you need to turn that feature off (site
by site, if it's selectable that way), for any site where it causes
problems with antileech protection - quite a few sites will antileech
their downloads or their images.

Charles D. Bohne

If it has "referrer blocking", you need to turn that feature off (site
by site, if it's selectable that way), for any site where it causes
problems with antileech protection - quite a few sites will antileech
their downloads or their images.

Thanks, Matt! Yes, that's part of the "problem", but I prefer to leave
that blockings just as they are .. for a reason :-> .. And except from
warez or crackz sites I hardly ever ran into such "redirections".
C.