[Update] Process Explorer 10.5

Goeroeboeroe

No changelog

Website/download:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

Ever wondered which program has a particular file or directory open?
Now you can find out. Process Explorer shows you information about which
handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.

The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window
always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the
names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the
bottom window depends on the mode that Process Explorer is in: if it is
in handle mode you?ll see the handles that the process selected in the
top window has opened; if Process Explorer is in DLL mode you?ll see the
DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded. Process
Explorer also has a powerful search capability that will quickly show
you which processes have particular handles opened or DLLs loaded.

The unique capabilities of Process Explorer make it useful for tracking
down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the
way Windows and applications work.

Process Explorer works on Windows 9x/Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Server 2003, and 64-bit versions of Windows for x64
processors, and Windows Vista.

Peter

Dan Goodman

Goeroeboeroe said:
[...]

Thanks!

--
Dan Goodman
All political parties die at last of swallowing their own lies.

John Stubbings

Licence change for tech support guys or a least I hadn't noticed before.
From Eula.txt

This software is provided "as is" and use of the software is at your own
risk. Sysinternals disclaims any and all warranties, whether express,
implied or statutory, including, without limitation, any implied
warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or
non-infringement of third-party rights. Sysinternals does not warrant
that the software is free of defects.

You are allowed to use software published by Sysinternals at home or at
work without paying a commercial license fee provided that you
downloaded the software yourself directly from Sysinternals, and:

* Use the software on computers for which you are the primary user;
or
* Use the software on computers for which there is no primary user
(e.g. servers, including Terminal Servers) and you are a
full-time
employee of the company that owns the computer; or
* Use the software on computers within your residence

A commercial license is required to use the software in any way not
covered above, including for example:

* Redistributing the software in any manner, including by computer
media, a file server, an email attachment, etc.
* Embedding the software in or linking it to another program
* Use of the software for technical support on customer computers

Sales of commercial licenses support Sysinternals product development
and assure that this Web site continues to offer valuable, up-to-date
tools. Established software companies redistribute these utilities and
incorporate the code into their products because this offers the
potential to save significant development time. Sysinternals commercial
licenses are priced according to the complexity of the licensed code and
its role in the target application. If you are interested in licensing
Sysinternals tools or source code for redistribution or for inclusion
with or as part of a software product, please contact
(e-mail address removed).

Susan Bugher

Licence change for tech support guys or a least I hadn't noticed before.
From Eula.txt

on-line here:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Licensing.html
A commercial license is required to use the software in any way not
covered above, including for example:
* Use of the software for technical support on customer computers

Thanks for the heads-up. Note: that EULA applies to ALL their Freeware
apps. Revisions in the PL/ACF pages to follow. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Stubbings

Susan Bugher said:
on-line here:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Licensing.html

computers

Thanks for the heads-up. Note: that EULA applies to ALL their Freeware
apps. Revisions in the PL/ACF pages to follow. . .

February 14
Sysinternals Licensing Update
The Sysinternals freeware license page now explains scenarios under
which a paid commercial license is required for use.

I assume previous versions to this don't require a license? Any lawyers
about

ms

Goeroeboeroe said:
Process Explorer works on Windows 9x/Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Server 2003, and 64-bit versions of Windows for x64
processors, and Windows Vista.

Peter

Warning: this latest version in the Windows 9X version, causes problems in W98SE

Ran it, screen had strange appearance, tried to exit, would not, went to Task
Manager, it would not close, finally it did close with windows error screens. Not
a happy event.

This has never happened with any of his programs for me.

YMMV

I will go to his website and try to let him know.

Mike Sa

Susan Bugher

John said:
http://www.sysinternals.com/

February 14
Sysinternals Licensing Update
The Sysinternals freeware license page now explains scenarios under
which a paid commercial license is required for use.

I assume previous versions to this don't require a license? Any lawyers
about

I am not a lawyer - even if I was I don't know what country you live in
and laws do vary. . . That said AFAIK the EULA that comes with the app
is the governing one. I assume Sysinternals will be updating their files
to reflect the new EULA (if they haven't already). I thought of that
AFTER my last post (of course) - some of the apps may still be packaged
with the old license. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

David

Warning: this latest version in the Windows 9X version, causes problems in W98SE

Ran it, screen had strange appearance, tried to exit, would not, went to Task
Manager, it would not close, finally it did close with windows error screens. Not
a happy event.

This has never happened with any of his programs for me.

YMMV

I will go to his website and try to let him know.

Mike Sa

I am running it here on W98SE with no problems of any kind.

chris

"> Warning: this latest version in the Windows 9X version, causes problems
in W98SE
Ran it, screen had strange appearance, tried to exit, would not, went to Task
Manager, it would not close, finally it did close with windows error screens. Not
a happy event.

This has never happened with any of his programs for me.

YMMV

I am running it here on W98SE ( with the latest unofficial W98 service
pack ) also and have no problems of any kind.

ms

ms said:
Warning: this latest version in the Windows 9X version, causes problems
in W98SE

Ran it, screen had strange appearance, tried to exit, would not, went to
Task Manager, it would not close, finally it did close with windows
error screens. Not a happy event.

This has never happened with any of his programs for me.

YMMV

I will go to his website and try to let him know.

Mike Sa

Well, I dunno, I have a minimalist system, strange. I did see on the forum, a XP
user complained of a big memory leak.

BTW, I was always concerned about that "unofficial W98 service pack), have managed
so far without it.

Mike Sa

BoB

Warning: this latest version in the Windows 9X version, causes problems in W98SE

Ran it, screen had strange appearance, tried to exit, would not, went to Task
Manager, it would not close, finally it did close with windows error screens. Not
a happy event.

This has never happened with any of his programs for me.

YMMV

I will go to his website and try to let him know.

Mike Sa

I just saw this fix posted in a forum:

- - - - -

Exit PE. Delete the reg key HKCU\Software\Sysinternals\Process
Explorer. Restart PE. Hopefully that will fix things.
__________________

At first, I erased Process Explorer's reg keys before executing program.
Otherwise, Windows 98 hangs.

It is good, PE 10.05 works now!
Thank you very much.

- - - - -

There was no mention of which OS they were running.
Since I haven't got PE 10.05 installed yet to try it, guess I'll
wait for the next version.

BoB

Lenny_Nero

BoB said
Otherwise, Windows 98 hangs.
-----
There was no mention of which OS they were running. Since I haven't got PE
10.05 installed yet to try it, guess I'll wait for the next version.

BoB

Are you sure ;)

L.

ms

BoB said:
I just saw this fix posted in a forum:

- - - - -

Exit PE. Delete the reg key HKCU\Software\Sysinternals\Process
Explorer. Restart PE. Hopefully that will fix things.
__________________

At first, I erased Process Explorer's reg keys before executing program.
Otherwise, Windows 98 hangs.

It is good, PE 10.05 works now!
Thank you very much.

- - - - -

There was no mention of which OS they were running.
Since I haven't got PE 10.05 installed yet to try it, guess I'll
wait for the next version.

BoB

Thanks, BoB

The first run was such a problem, I will also wait for later, the earlier versions
do everything I need, anyway.

Mike Sa