Update.exe is not in I386\Update\ folder

john wen

When I go home and place my Windows 2000 Professional CD
into computer, I could not find the Update.exe file.
Update.exe is not in I386\Update\ nor in I386\ folder of
the Windows 2000 Professional CD.

Thus, where is the Update.exe file?

John wen

Marc Reynolds said the following previously:
Hi John,

Update.exe should be in the I386\Update folder.

Thanks,
Marc Reynolds
Microsoft Technical Support

Mark V

john wen wrote in
When I go home and place my Windows 2000 Professional CD
into computer, I could not find the Update.exe file.
Update.exe is not in I386\Update\ nor in I386\ folder of
the Windows 2000 Professional CD.

Thus, where is the Update.exe file?

There is no "update" on the W2K CD.
Update.exe is found in the Service Packs. IOW Update with this SP

There is also no update.exe in an integrated ("slipstream") directory
structure.

Carrie Garth \(MVP\)

See other post (Original Message Header directly below), posted August 25, 2003 9:28
PM to this group.