Unzipping files

kwykoff

I have downloaded a large update for my photo imaging
program. When I start to open the zipped program, it
automatically begins unzipping and saving in C: as it's
own folder. I want it in C:program files, but it won't
give me the chance to browse for the folder I want in
opened into. The 'unzip' button is grayed--it just
starts unzipping on its own. Is there a way to make it
wait until I chose a folder to open into?
Thanks,
Kaye

Ace / 2

Move the zip file into the folder you want it in before
you unzip it...
Half Ace ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

t.cruise

Or, get a full zip/unzip utility like Winzip, which gives you the ability to
customize in many ways, integrate with your browser, zip files into an .exe
file to email and unzip into a particular folder automatically when the
recipient receives and then double clicks it, select all or some of the
files to be unzipped into whichever folder you select (or you can type the
name of a folder or subfolder that doesn't exist yet and WinZip will create
that folder and unzip the files into it), scan for viruses that might be
included in any of the files in the zip file, select files in My Computer or
Windows Explorer right click them to zip and email them, and much more. The
Windows zip utility is barebones, plus I don't like the way it shows zip
files as folders. WinZip is superior. You can download a 21 day evaluation
version at:

http://www.winzip.com/

Bonnie Granat

t.cruise said:
[...]

You can use it forever for free.

John Ski

Subject: Re: Unzipping files
From: "Bonnie Granat" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 3/4/2004 1:19 AM Eastern Standard Time

You can use it forever for free.
What kind of advice is this? The developers of WinZip work hard to create a
useful program and they deserve to be compensated for it. How 'bout if I used
you free after the "one-night-stand" evaluation? Nah...I bet the nag screens
would be overwhelming and I'd end up paying for it!

Cheers,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Test Man

What u on about? He was stating afact, you CAN use WinZip forever for free,
you nust get nag screens.

John Ski

From: "Test Man" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 3/4/2004 11:17 AM Eastern Standard Time

What u on about? He was stating afact, you CAN use WinZip forever for free,
you nust get nag screens.
Excuse me for believing that software developers should be compensated for
their hard work. You can do whatever your conscience(or lack thereof) allows
you to do. I just feel it's out of place to encourage others to follow along
with your flexible ethics. That's what I'm on about.