Unwanted double solid lines

gary

My Word document contains two rows:

PUMPKIN
APPLE

When I select the rows then click Numbering, the result is:

=====================================
1. PUMPKIN
2. APPLE

=====================================

(except the dashed lines are really double solid lines).

How do I stop the double solid lines from being inserted?

gary

At a guess, seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm.
But if these are table rows, and the lines are table borders, select the
entire table and press Ctrl+Alt+U.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

That didn't work.
Do my documents use a particular "style"?
How do I revert to no-style?

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You can apply the Normal style.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

At a guess, seehttp://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm.
But if these are table rows, and the lines are table borders, select the
entire table and press Ctrl+Alt+U.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

That didn't work.
Do my documents use a particular "style"?
How do I revert to no-style?

gary

That didn't work.

However, when the cursor is 'hovered' over the double solid line, a
short bold line plus a two small "caret" symbols -- one points up and
the other points down - are dispayed. Then when I drag the line up,
the double solid line is moved up; when I drag the line up, the double
solid line is moved down.

..

Stefan Blom

Both paragraph borders and table borders can be dragged with the mouse, so
I'm afraid that doesn't give us any more clues. If you select the range with
borders, including an extra paragraph above *and* below it, and then click
"None" in the Borders and Shading dialog box, you should get rid of the
borders though.

On the other hand, if you can select the borders by clicking them, that
suggests they are graphics. You should be able to delete them with the
Delete button on your keyboard.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

---------------------------------------------"gary"  wrote in message

That didn't work.

However, when the cursor is 'hovered' over the double solid line, a
short bold line plus a two small "caret" symbols -- one points up and
the other points down - are dispayed.  Then when I drag the line up,
the double solid line is moved up; when I drag the line up, the double
solid line is moved down.

.

That DID work. Thank you!!!!!

Stefan Blom

I'm glad I was able to help.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was it that did work for your document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

---------------------------------------------"gary" wrote in message

That didn't work.

However, when the cursor is 'hovered' over the double solid line, a
short bold line plus a two small "caret" symbols -- one points up and
the other points down - are dispayed. Then when I drag the line up,
the double solid line is moved up; when I drag the line up, the double
solid line is moved down.

.

That DID work. Thank you!!!!!

Stefan Blom

Thanks for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gary" wrote in message

I'm glad I was able to help.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was it that did work for your document?

Clicking "None" in the Borders and Shading dialog box,

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Well, since that's what was recommended in the article referenced in the
first reply...

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

Hmm, good point. I guess it just needed to be said twice... :)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP