Unlimited field size in Access 2007 reports

Reaction score
Hi! I need to design an "recent updates" report for my project database. There are three fields in the query the report is built on, which gathers all the data I want to display in the report:

1. The date of the update
  2. The name of the person who submitted the update
  3. And a description for the update (which can be just a sentence or up to a few paragraphs)

My goals is to make it so that no matter how long the update is, the next record starts shortly after the end of the previous update.

What I'm trying to avoid is making a report that reserves a large amount of space on the page for an update, since they might be as short as just a few words. While each individual update record might take up 2 inches on a report page, the next update could take up 9 inches, the next one 20 inches, the next one 4 inches, etc.

Is this even possible?

Reaction score
Yes. There are more than 1 way to achieve this.

Hi! I need to design an "recent updates" report for my project database. There are three fields in the query the report is built on, which gathers all the data I want to display in the report:

1. The date of the update
  2. The name of the person who submitted the update
  3. And a description for the update (which can be just a sentence or up to a few paragraphs)
My goals is to make it so that no matter how long the update is, the next record starts shortly after the end of the previous update.

What I'm trying to avoid is making a report that reserves a large amount of space on the page for an update, since they might be as short as just a few words. While each individual update record might take up 2 inches on a report page, the next update could take up 9 inches, the next one 20 inches, the next one 4 inches, etc.

Is this even possible?

Ask a Question