unknown TFTP server running

Reaction score
Okay, here's a challege for some computer pros out there. I'm trying to install a network attached server, and server software onto new HDs in the box. When I get ready to transfer data over to this box by directly connecting the ethernet plug to the box, ect., I click the button and the software is unable to continue with the installation.

The message says, "there appears to be a TFTP system running. Please disable and restart."

Okay, what the heck is a TFTP server and why is it running? I'm running XP Home edition, SP2. Though not connected during this process, I'm routing through a D-Link router.

Obviously I'm no expert at networking to not know how to disable TFTP, but this is also an old networking system that I understand is not used much now, so don't call me a n00b too much here.:blush:

I do doubt this is a virus since I haven't had the computer up too long and haven't been torrenting any pr0n/software/music.

Can anybody help?
wallbash.gif

Ask a Question