University Open Day Photos (Cambridge)

Reaction score
Yo,

Went to Cambridge today to look at the possibilty of me going to University... before you all go

"You what?! He's not THAT clever... Surely...?"

It wasn't THE Oxbridge cambridge Uni, its Anglia Ruskin University (formerly APU, Anglia Polytechnic) and it's right in the heart of the city, a 5 minute walk from the Grafton shopping centre, 20 minutes from the train station and...not far from anywhere really.

Took some pics on my phone, they aren't great quality, but i though i'd chuck them up here anywhere :)

btw, i want to take a Ba (Hons) in Public Services (Forensic Science, Scene of Crime management, Firearms and Explosives, Psychology, socialology and a bit of law.... and thats hardly any of it :eek: )

P.s Sorry alot are sepia, i couldnt see in the sunlight what settings i had, so point and shoot

p.p.s There are NO chavs in cambridge...but i did see a chavalier with QUAD exhausts...see pic :D

Chris

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

^^ Bikes are the main method of transport in Cambridge as students are BANNED from taking cars with them due to lack of parking ^^

attachment.php

attachment.php

Taken on the way home...

Attachments

• DSC00592.JPG
    DSC00592.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC00593.JPG
    DSC00593.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC00594.JPG
    DSC00594.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC00596.JPG
    DSC00596.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC00597.JPG
    DSC00597.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC00598.JPG
    DSC00598.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC00600.JPG
    DSC00600.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC00601.JPG
    DSC00601.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00603.JPG
    DSC00603.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Reaction score
See Above ^^^

Attachments

• DSC00604.JPG
    DSC00604.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC00605.JPG
    DSC00605.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC00606.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC00608.JPG
    DSC00608.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 406
  • DSC00610.JPG
    DSC00610.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC00611.JPG
    DSC00611.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 397

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks nice Chris! Had a look round the town on my open day at Cambridge and it looks really nice - very studenty though, in a quirky way ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cambridge is a great place, has a quite unique feel to it.

Lottsa live music and of course that's where Pink Floyd come from :)

If you go there to study, you should enjoy it.

I can remember punting on the river there, when I was 16 and yes, I did fall in :D

But without chavs? Dunno about that, you just have to look a little harder ;)

That might even be one coming out the Grafton centre....... ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
But without chavs? Dunno about that, you just have to look a little harder ;)

That might even be one coming out the Grafton centre....... ;)

By no chavs, i meant to groups of 14-19 year olds dressed in white tracksuits or fake burberry, throwing abuse or heavy objects at the general public :)

It is very studenty - and it does feel very safe!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
By no chavs, i meant to groups of 14-19 year olds dressed in white tracksuits or fake burberry, throwing abuse or heavy objects at the general public :)

Quite strange but I must confess to never having encountered that species in this neck of the woods.

I have heard of groups of 12-15 year olds mugging peeps locally though.

And every other kid seems to be zooming round on teeny weeny motor cycles :D

Reaction score
The most Chavvy thing i saw in C'bridge was that Vauxhall Chavalier with not 2...not 3... but **4** exhaust pipes, and ridiculously large wheels!

Comeon. Its not a ferrari!

What suprised me was the number of bicycles!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
btw, i want to take a Ba (Hons) in Public Services (Forensic Science, Scene of Crime management, Firearms and Explosives, Psychology, socialology and a bit of law.... and thats hardly any of it :eek: )

Cool list of subjects! When I went to Varsity the two things I wanted to study most in the world were Forensic science & Ethology, especially Human Ethology (The study of the human animal in it's natural environment). Neither of which were available in our piddly little university down here so I majored in Psychology & related subjects & but unfortunately it wasn't untill my 3rd year that I knew for sure that I hated Psyc (It is hugely patronising) & was never ever going to work in the field & I really wished that I had stuck with Anthropology (my minor) which I loved.
The irony is that I decided on psych rather than Anthro because, at the time there just wasn't any jobs in Anthropology. Now it is one of the prefered subjects in forensic scientists & I'm sitting here on a useless degree. Learned a lesson though, sometimes it is much more important to go with your heart rather than your head. And career choice is one of the most important of these areas. Life is far too short to spend being miserable! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Cool list of subjects! When I went to Varsity the two things I wanted to study most in the world were Forensic science & Ethology, especially Human Ethology (The study of the human animal in it's natural environment). Neither of which were available in our piddly little university down here so I majored in Psychology & related subjects & but unfortunately it wasn't untill my 3rd year that I knew for sure that I hated Psyc (It is hugely patronising) & was never ever going to work in the field & I really wished that I had stuck with Anthropology (my minor) which I loved.
The irony is that I decided on psych rather than Anthro because, at the time there just wasn't any jobs in Anthropology. Now it is one of the prefered subjects in forensic scientists & I'm sitting here on a useless degree. Learned a lesson though, sometimes it is much more important to go with your heart rather than your head. And career choice is one of the most important of these areas. Life is far too short to spend being miserable! :D

Words of wisdom indeed.

*Hugely patronising*

*Go with your heart rather than your head*

Yes. And yes again.

Life is indeed, too short.

It is really better, imo, to have enough and be happy than have more than you need and wake up everyday unhappy.

Think about it.