Uninstalling WD b2 from startup or logon script.

Hey gang. I'm trying to remove Defender from a network silently.

As close as I can get from a command line is a promt to uninstall by
executing "msiexec.exe /x WindowsDefender.msi"

If I put /qn or /quiet or /passive, it terminates without action.

Thanks for your time.

Bill Sanderson MVP

Well - I tried a number of variations, and seemed to have the same
experience you did. However, when I got home, OneCare was warning me that
Windows Defender had disappeared!

So--one of those attempts worked, but rather slowly--let me see if there's a
log file.

Very wierd. I have Windows Installer logging turned on, and there is no log
file for the uninstall. There are log files for both the install, and the
definition install imediately after--but those are the only log files with
todays date on them. Now to check the event logs--OK - looks like at 12:45,
an uninstall succeeded.

No UI means just that, I guess! I'm surprised there's no log, but probably
I should have added logging as a parameter on the uninstall command.

I believe what worked was probably: msiexec /uninstall windowsdefender.msi
/quiet