uninstall IE6 and reinstall again

G

How can I uninstall IE6 completely?
I run IE5 in window 98, then a worm blocked IE5's home page to BCC web, so whenever I open IE5, I must see that site first.

Then I have a disk of IE6 from ABC company. I installed that disk but the abv problem still exsit. I cannot change the home page setting. Additionally, the top blue line with white wording abt the site name u are visiting added a sentence at the back: "- Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ABC company".

I then go to Windows and deleted the whole folder of Internet Explorer and download and install from microsoft directly.

However, after doing all, the above 2 problems still exsit!

What can I do now??

G

Thank you for yr adv.

I downloaded Hijack This and scanned, then it showed a list. I deleted the site which made my IE as its home.

I openned IE again, clicked tool and cliked Internet options, then it showed the Home Page setting. However, the writing rectangle still in grey, cannot write! The 3 buttons: "Use Current", "Use Default", "Use Blank" also in grey, cannot work!

Of course the sentence on top of the IE still there!

That means my 2 problems cannot solve!

Any other methods??

Ask a Question