Undo subform delete

ExcelMan

I have a command button on a form that I use to delete the current record in
a subform.

The code behind the button is:

Forms(Me.Name)("subformname").Form.Recordset.Delete

What I want to do is pop up the Delete confirm dialog box that Access
automatically pops up when the user deletes a selected record by hitting the
DELETE key. But the code above does not seem to trigger any events in the
subform -- specifically the On Delete or Before Del Confirm events -- for me
to trap the delete, msg the user, and if appropriate, cancel the delete
action.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks.

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi ExcelMan,

Here's the sample code you want to use

Private Sub Command6_Click()
Dim response
response = MsgBox("you want to delete?", vbYesNo, "deleting record")
If response = vbYes Then
With Me.[your subForm control].Form.RecordsetClone
.Bookmark = Me.[your subForm control].Form.Bookmark
End With
Me.[your subForm control].Requery
Else
End If
End Sub

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "ExcelMan" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
| Subject: Undo subform delete
| Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:03:48 -0700
|
| I have a command button on a form that I use to delete the current record
in
| a subform.
|
| The code behind the button is:
|
| Forms(Me.Name)("subformname").Form.Recordset.Delete
|

| What I want to do is pop up the Delete confirm dialog box that Access
| automatically pops up when the user deletes a selected record by hitting
the
| DELETE key. But the code above does not seem to trigger any events in the
| subform -- specifically the On Delete or Before Del Confirm events -- for
me
| to trap the delete, msg the user, and if appropriate, cancel the delete
| action.
|
| Any ideas how to do this?
|
| Thanks.

PC Datasheet

Put the following code behind your button:

Dim MsgStr As String
Dim TitleStr As Str
MsgStr = "Are You Sure You Want To Delete ...." ' Or what ever you want
TitleStr = "....." 'Whatever you want!
If MsgBox(MsgStr,vbYesNo, TitleStr) = vbYes Then