Unable to print bullets using Word 2003, but OK in Word 97?

Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version 11.5604?
Is there a workaround?

Anne Troy

Are you on the same PC? If not, then the font you used for the bullets may
not be installed on the new PC. Otherwise, check your printer driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word 2003 Bullets anomaly" <Word 2003 Bullets
news:[email protected]...

Hi Anne,
You are correct. The non-print bullets are on a WinXP_Pro system and the
"Symbol" bullet font is not TrueType.
Whereas, the printing bullets are on a Win98 system and the "Symbol" bullet
font is TrueType.
How do I add the TrueType "Symbol" font to the WinXP system which should fix
the problem?

Regards :) John Sealey

Anne Troy said:
Are you on the same PC? If not, then the font you used for the bullets may
not be installed on the new PC. Otherwise, check your printer driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word 2003 Bullets anomaly" <Word 2003 Bullets
Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version 11.5604?
Is there a workaround?

Anne Troy

Just copy it over to the 2003 machine, then see this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/fonts_and_barcodes_in_microsoft_office.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word 2003 Bullets anomaly"

Anne Troy said:
Are you on the same PC? If not, then the font you used for the bullets may
not be installed on the new PC. Otherwise, check your printer driver.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Word 2003 Bullets anomaly" <Word 2003 Bullets
Using Office 2003, I was unable to print any bullets in a Word document.
The bullets appear in the print preview and the regular document.
I subsequently opened the same document using Office 97 [Word] and printed
the document with all bullets displayed.
Is this an anomaly in Office Professional Edition 2003 version 11.5604?
Is there a workaround?

Hi Anne,

The problem was with the "HP LaserJet 4000 T PCL 6" printer driver --
outdated!
The driver was replaced use the HP Instant Support - Driver Check website.
To fix this type of problem required a process of elimination and patience.

Many thanks for all your help and your website reference for free fonts.

Regards :) John Sealey