Unable to Login due to "User Profile Service" failure

Kamlesh Rao

Hello Guys,

I had recently installed a dual boot OS (WinXP, Win2003, Vista). Suddenly few days back, when I tried to login to Vista, I was stopped with the following error:

"The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded."

I am not able to login because I have only created a single admin account. But, I can login to this account from Safe Mode. There is no system restore disk created earlier. So, I am stuck with this problem.

Please help.

Thank you,
Kamlesh

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Kamlesh,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my research, I found the same error message has been addressed in
the following forum discussion topic. Please try the steps in this topic.

Vista Ultimate Deleted my user Profile twice now
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1721688&SiteID=17

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Kamlesh Rao" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Unable to Login due to "User Profile Service" failure
| Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:08:40 +0530
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords

| Hello Guys,
| I had recently installed a dual boot OS (WinXP, Win2003, Vista).
Suddenly few days back, when I tried to login to Vista, I was stopped with
the following error:
| "The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot
be loaded."
| I am not able to login because I have only created a single admin
account. But, I can login to this account from Safe Mode. There is no
system restore disk created earlier. So, I am stuck with this problem.
| Please help.
| Thank you,
| Kamlesh

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:29:37 GMT
| Subject: RE: Unable to Login due to "User Profile Service" failure
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords

| Hello Kamlesh,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| Based on my research, I found the same error message has been addressed
in
| the following forum discussion topic. Please try the steps in this topic.
|
| Vista Ultimate Deleted my user Profile twice now
| http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1721688&SiteID=17
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Kamlesh Rao" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Unable to Login due to "User Profile Service" failure
| | Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:08:40 +0530
| | Newsgroups:
| microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
| |
| | Hello Guys,
| | I had recently installed a dual boot OS (WinXP, Win2003, Vista).
| Suddenly few days back, when I tried to login to Vista, I was stopped
with
| the following error:
| | "The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot
| be loaded."
| | I am not able to login because I have only created a single admin
| account. But, I can login to this account from Safe Mode. There is no
| system restore disk created earlier. So, I am stuck with this problem.
| | Please help.
| | Thank you,
| | Kamlesh
| |

Ive been having the same problem for a month and a half now i cant access any
of my files. How is evrything going did you solve this problem?

Tammy