Unable to log on interactively

G

I came to my computer this morning and noticed the user logon screen was different. It had a guest log on icon which I have never used. So I was going to change that when I was prompted for my password. I don't have a password. So I tried to log on in safe mode in the administrator account, but got an logon error message that reads "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". Can any one give me some help here?

W

Will Denny

Hi

At the Welcome Screen press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice and then Enter - does that help? The Guest Account is disabled by default and shouldn't be shown on the Welcome Screen. What Windows 'tweaks' have you performed since the problem started?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| I came to my computer this morning and noticed the user logon screen was different. It had a guest log on icon which I have never used. So I was going to change that when I was prompted for my password. I don't have a password. So I tried to log on in safe mode in the administrator account, but got an logon error message that reads "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". Can any one give me some help here?

Ask a Question