Unable to delete corrupted folder

Luis

Dear all,
While copying a folder to a CD using Nero, the said folder became corrupted. Somehow, 57 versions of the same folder (one inside another) were created as follows:

D:\abc\abc\abc\abc...abc57\XYZ

Please note that the "XYZ" folder is inside the 57th version of the corrupted "ABC" folder.

At this point, I just need to delete this monster. When attempting to delete it, I either get a File Systems Error 1148, or a message saying that folder "XYZ" is not found. Note that I am using W2K Professional.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance,

Luis

Joe Griffin [MSFT]

The 1148 indicates it cannot read from the source or disk.
This article may be helpful:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;120716

Joe Griffin[MS]

From: "Luis" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Luis" <[email protected]>
Subject: Unable to delete corrupted folder
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:26:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system

Dear all,
While copying a folder to a CD using Nero, the said folder became
corrupted. Somehow, 57 versions of the same folder (one inside another)
were created as follows:
D:\abc\abc\abc\abc...abc57\XYZ
Please note that the "XYZ" folder is inside the 57th version of the
corrupted "ABC" folder.
At this point, I just need to delete this monster. When attempting to
delete it, I either get a File Systems Error 1148, or a message saying that
folder "XYZ" is not found. Note that I am using W2K Professional.
Can anyone help me with this?
Thank you in advance,
Luis

Luis

Thanks for help. Tried the commands but I get a message indicating that the path length has been exceeded.

Luis

Kevin McNiel [MSFT]

Rename some of the higher level folders to shorter names, thereby shortening
the length of the path to the bottom level folders.

Kevin McNiel, MCSE/MCSA
Platform Server Setup Group

Please reply to the Group only, This address cannot receive incoming
messages.