Unable to connect SonyEricsson mobile phone to (Vista) computer

Halo

I am unable to connect my Sony Ericsson mobile phone to my (Vista home
premium) Dell computer.

I have taken the issue up with Sony Ericsson support and append extracts
from correspondence with them. You will note that they have concluded that
the issue is not due to the Sony Ericsson PC Suite application and advise
that I should refer the problem (run a legacy CPL has stopped working) to
Microsoft. I have not been notified if a solution is available
Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

EXTRACTS FROM CORRESPONDENCE WITH SONY ERICSSON SUPPORT.(latest first)

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, unfortunately this current issue cannot be
solved by Sony Ericsson as the issue is not due to the PC Suite application.
Please contact Microsoft for more information.

Kind Regards,

Sony Ericsson Call Centre

Email:
To: (e-mail address removed)
From: jj mac
Subject: Re: Case : 71115860
Many thanks for your reply to my query. I have come up against a further
problem. When I click on Com Ports in the phone monitor options box I get an
error message "Run a legacy CPL elevated has stopped working. A problem
caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program
& notify you if a solution is available" No such notification has, however,
been received
I appreciate that the Sonyericsson software may not be causing this problem
and you may be unable to provide a solution to it but if you can I would be
very pleased to hear from you again. --
---
From: jj mac

To: (e-mail address removed)

[...]

John...

Are you using the PC Suite Ver. 2.10.34? I downloaded and installed it, ran
the How to Connect wizard, selected Bluetooth, and all is well. Are you
using cable, Bluetooth or IR? Did you initially set up a sync partnership on
you PC?

Dave

Many thanks Dave for your help.
No, I did not have PC Suite ver 2.10.34 installed. I do, however, have it
installed now having first uninstalled ver. 2.10.21 which I had been using.
The installation went smoothly and was successfully completed. I am using a
cable (USB) connection.
I don’t have any sync partnerships set up on my computer. Using the
connection wizard, selecting How to Connect guide I selected USB Cable,
searching for connected phone commences and after a short period reports
that no connected phone was found.
I really don’t know why there is no communication between my phone and the
computer. The drivers appear to be installed correctly. If I click on Device
Manager and select PORTS (COM & LTP)
Sony Ericsson Device 116 USB WMC Device Management (COM 6) which contains 3
driver files
C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116cm.sys
C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116cmnt.sys
C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116mgmt.sys and
Sony Ericsson Device 116 USB WMC OBEX Interface (COM 5) also containing 3
driver files
C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116cm.sys
C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116cmnt.sys

C:\Winsows|System32\Drivers\s116obex.sys
are listed.
However, if I now open the Phone Monitor Options in Control Panel “My Sony
Ericsson†is listed but when I click on COM PORTS the com port box opens with
a note saying “You can stop or start Phone Monitor from searching for
connected phones on specific COM PORTS by disabling or enabling them in the
listâ€.
However, none are listed notwithstanding the fact that COM5 & COM6 ports are
shown in Device Manager-PORTS (see above) . It would ,therefore, appear that
there is a problem which is preventing the Ports from being listed in “phone
monitor options†and stopping phone monitor from searching for connected
phones.

After installing PC suite ver 2.10.34 I no longer get the error message “Run
a legacy CPL elevated has stopped working†which I had been getting with ver
2.10.21 but I now get an error message when I start the computer “CAPI_Worker
Module has stopped workingâ€. I had also been getting a message “Unable to
create device Manager instance†but that has stopped appearing.
I am beginning to suspect that the McAfee antivirus which is installed on
my computer may be causing problems.
Regards

Hi JJ and Dave ..

Everytime I open my computer, there's and error message that says

"CAPI_worker module has stopped working. A problem caused the program to
stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available."

I am confounded (and a little scared) that something is not working
properly.. but the HP security center is not detecting anything .. and all is
well it seems .. I didnt know what can be wrong until I read your thread ..

I recently downloaded my PC suite (from SE webpage) and I am also having
trouble with the phone and PC connection (it doesn't detect my phone although
I can still transfer file from pc to phone) .. I also have a cable connection

Can it be that although SE says theyre vista compatible already, there are
still kinks?

This doesn't help you JJ I know .. Im just "happy" that Im not the only one
to have this problem .. and it seems that the pc suite is the cause of the
error message.

Thanks and good luck to us both.

Hi nynaeve
I suppose it is good to know that I am not the only one having trouble with
the SonyEricsson PC Suite. You may be interested in an update on what I
have been up to.
I suspected that my antivirus program might be preventing the PC Suite from
installing properly. So I downloaded PC suite ver 2.10.34 , saved it on
flash memory stick, then uninstalled it from my computer, disabled my
antivirus program ,my Firewall & my Spam killer (having first disconnected
from the internet). After reinstalling the SE suite to my amazement it
worked. My phone connection was established and I was able to transfer
photos from my camera to my computer hard disk. Then I lost it, I don’t know
why, my phone connection dropped and I could not re-establish the connection.
I decided to repeat the above procedure. This time during the installation
procedure I was asked if I wanted to install SonyEricsson Vista Compatible
network adapters. That struck me as odd because I had not been asked that
question before. However, I probably foolishly agreed. Not only does the SE
program suite not work but McAfee now reports that I may have a worm in my
computer , that a program is trying to send email messages from my computer
and as a result (McAfee) has put a block on Windows Mail. I can still receive
Emails but I can’t send any.
I uninstalled the SE program again but my mail is still blocked and that is
a much more pressing problem for me right now. I have scanned my computer
with Spybot and McAfee free scan and only a couple of cookies were detected
and removed but the block remains. There is a link I could click which would
enable me to remove the block but without being sure of what I am doing I am
afraid to do so. Any advice on his matter would be most welcome.
Returning to the SonyEricsson saga. I installed the PC suite ver. 2.10.34
on my old PCPro computer and it worked fine. I may not bother trying to
install it on my new Vista Computer again or at least not for a while until
any bugs in the program are sorted out

Dave Quail

jj mac said:
[...]

Hi Guys...

It is working on my PC, but the Bluetooth connection is a hit-and-miss
affair. I am now connecting through USB, which seems a bit better. I feel
this Suite is far from ready though. b.t.w. Check your Reliability
Monitor...mine shows continual errors with Syncmldesktop, and other Suite
modules.

Dave

marc

hi,
abit new 2 this but here goes. I have encountered the same problem. this is
a new computor wiv, apart from the software that came installed on the
computor when I bought it and a virus checker the only other prog installed
was the PC suite for my Sony Ericsson K800i. after installing this program I
have been getting this error message "CAPI_Worker Module" blah blah!so me
thinks its deffinately there PC Suite. if ya get it fixed let me know please.
Marc

Fog

Hi SE software doubters
First day with Vista Home Premium. All going well until I downloaded the SE
PC Suite from their support site which incidentally took an age to install.
As yet have not ran the suite but almost immediately the "CAPI_WORKER MODULE
HAS STOPPED WORKING" message appeared at start-up and occasionally during a
session. It may be unrelated but I also noticed that after
reactivating my machine from "save" status the detail in Google Earth
pictures was missing (restored by shutdown). If I uninstall the SE stuff will
this CAPI message disappear or would I need to do a full recovery?
DFog

Jon M

Dave,

I have just purchased a Sony Ericcson Mobile and I too cannot down load the
PC suite onto my PC which is running Vista.

I have seen your conversation on this topic last year but did you find a
resolution.

The error message I am getting is "the Operating System is not compatible"

When I go onto the Sony Ericsson Web site there appears that there should be
a link to a download for this problem but when you click on it "the page is
unavailable".

Any help you can give me would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

hadayat Ullah khan

hi
i am unable to connect nokia N95 with notebook by bluetooth. can you any one sugest me why ?
my computer is not detecting
i instales all nokia drivers on computer and tried again but still not detecting i have vista on lenove and want to connect Nokia N95 by bluetooth
kind regards
HKhan