Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.ConManClass'

R

Reshma Prabhu

Hello,

I am encountering a problem after installing VS2005 Beta 2.
Whenever I try to open a Pocket PC application in Design mode, I am getting following exception:-

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.ConManClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.ICcServer'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{EA537AF4-2226-4D26-BBC0-9CF3A82749A5}' failed with HRESULT: 0x80004002 (No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))).

It would be of great help if any one could help me out solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Reshma

A

Alex Feinman [MVP]

The guid is wrong. You must have some setup issue. I suggest reinstalling the Studio

--
Alex Feinman
---
Visit http://www.opennetcf.org
Hello,

I am encountering a problem after installing VS2005 Beta 2.
Whenever I try to open a Pocket PC application in Design mode, I am getting following exception:-

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.ConManClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.ICcServer'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{EA537AF4-2226-4D26-BBC0-9CF3A82749A5}' failed with HRESULT: 0x80004002 (No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE))).

It would be of great help if any one could help me out solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Reshma

Ask a Question