Unable to add specific commands to toolbar

Good day experts;

My OS is XP prof service pack 2. I am running Microsft office 2000 premium
on my computer backed with Microsoft office 2000 proofing tools .

In Excel I am trying to add the commands left-to-right and right-to-left to
my formatting toolbar with no success:

This is what I am doing:
tools- customize – commands – (under categories) Format: from commands I
drag successfully the relative icons, “right-to-left†and “left-to-rightâ€,
commands; however, when I drop them on the formatting tool bar they
disappear. I tried to drag and drop other commands (to check whether the
problem is general with all commands) I succeeded!!

In addition, in Word I had no problem to add to my toolbar these commands
following the above mentioned procedure!!!

Can you help ?

P.S.: i need to write in Arabic

Thanks in advance
Carlo

Jim Cone

Carlo,
I don't use proofing tools, but I see that MS has made a very large number
of fixes and updates to the program. You should make sure your program
is updated to the latest version/release. One place to start looking is at
the MS help and support website ...
http://tinyurl.com/yjxa24
--
Jim Cone