From: "MikeB" <[email protected]>
Sender: "MikeB" <[email protected]>
Subject: UDP Broadcast not redirected in between interfaces
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:25:31 -0700

Why with some multihoming win2k servers regular UDP packets
are redirected from one nic card to an other but not
broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.255, while other servers does?

--
Sergio Moreno
Microsoft Windows Networking

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.

Mike B

Hi there,

thanks for your help,
I'm not using RRAS on any of them. To give more info,
I have a ethernet card that forward UDP packets to a vitual
card (whithin the same server)that manage a wireless lan
segment. In some servers, I think they have SP3 installed
the broadcast packets for the second subnet are routed to
my virtual network card then broadcast to the mobile fleet.
But on others, I think they have SP2, doesn't give me those
broadcast packets BUT I see them with netmonitor sniffing
the real ethernet card. It looks like the IP stack doesn't
forward to the vitual card the broadcast from the first
subnet to the second one.

Any Idea???

Thanks again,

Mike B.