UDF as field data source

furkat

Hi All,

I have one UDF (user-defined function in MS SQL 200) which returns me one
value, and I want to use it as a data source for a filed in my form (.adp MS
Access 2000). And I can't find the right syntax to reference my UDF. Could
you kindly point me to the right syntax?

Kind regards

Furkat

Lyle Fairfield

Hi All,

I have one UDF (user-defined function in MS SQL 200) which returns me
one value, and I want to use it as a data source for a filed in my form
(.adp MS Access 2000). And I can't find the right syntax to reference my
UDF. Could you kindly point me to the right syntax?

Kind regards

Furkat

Owner.UDF(Param, Param, ...)

Igor V. Makeev

Hello, furkat!
You wrote in message on Fri, 7 May 2004 13:22:46 +0500:

f> I have one UDF (user-defined function in MS SQL 200) which returns me
f> one value, and I want to use it as a data source for a filed in my form
f> (.adp MS Access 2000). And I can't find the right syntax to reference my
f> UDF. Could you kindly point me to the right syntax?

If your form is bound on a query, you can include UDF's call into it
and use as a "Control Source" for a necessary field. Otherwise you can do it
via VBA. For an example:

Me.Text0 = CurrentProject.Connection.Execute("select owner.udf_name()")(0)
End Sub

With best regards, Igor.
ICQ: 111469481

furkat