Typed Dataset mismatch in C# client touching webservice

G

I've got a webservice returning a typed dataset -- I've got a client app with one library that downloads and writes the dataset to the harddisk and another library that later opens the dataset. Openning the dataset works fine and all data is there and intact but when trying to cast from Object to TypedDataSetClassName, I get an InvalidCast exception. I verified the namespaces and everything that I can think of matches with the typed dataset in the client and the typed dataset in the webservice... I may be missing something simple but you know how a second set of eyes can be sometimes

I would be glad to share the code snippets that are related to this with someone who would like to help or just leave suggestions. The code is in C# and it is a relatively small portion of the code related to this problem

Thanks.

G

Just to let you know... This isn't a problem if you are referencing the same typed dataset within the same assembly -- reference the dataset in seperate assemblies and you get the error....

Ask a Question