TV Tuner Card - Problems!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm running XP on my home PC with a Lifeview Flyvideo 3000 PCI Tuner Card. Getting excellent reception on all channels, but experiencing interference. Tried different PCI slots, keeping coaxial lead away from other cables. Could the problem be: that my (aerial) line out is connected to an amplifier shared with 2 other devices (TV's). I've also noticed that if you move the mouse cursor quickly around the screen, the interference is greater.

Any help appreciated,
Virgoan

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a wireless mouse? It could well be interfering with the signal (as activity increases when its moving).

Unplug the receiver and mouse if you do, just to test it :)

Reaction score
Ferrite Beads

Nothing wireless on PC, have got radeon graphics card on slot 1, soundblaster on 2, three empty slots and at the bottom TV Tuner card. USB: printer, web cam, game controller and I-Pod. Mad Catz sound system and monitor.

Just been reading an article on FERRITE BEADS!!!! @ http://www.antennex.com/shack/Dec99/beads.htm
What do you think?

I'll be back 2morrow.

Virgoan

Reaction score
Ferrite Beads / Torroids

Just added Ferrite Beads to mains lead (PC), Coaxial and monitor - no joy!
Is there anything else I can try?

Virgoan

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its not a Digital TV card is it?

You may just need a signal booster if you have the same Aeriel connected to the 2 TVs+computer. Can you try disconnecting the 2 TV's temporarily? (I can't think of anything else apart from this, or a bad signal).

Reaction score
these problems are quite possibly the worst.

Ever!

Jump on the tuner manufacturers website and get the latest driver. you probably thinking thats bo**ocks but trust me. do the same for your sound card.

J

Reaction score
TV Tuner ideas.

Cheers Techy,

But things just the same!
Got in contact with my aerial installer, he's going to do a "S" (Spectrum) Test on some cables to see where inteference is from (Monday).

Let you know how things went on.

PS I've also tried altering the refresh rate on monitor, and PCI latency in BIOS.

Reaction score
TV Tuner Update

Cheers Ian,

TV Tuner Card is analogue and connected to booster.
I even spent £12 on a coaxial lead (£10 on Ferrite Beads), I don't want the cost of this to spiral (Aerial Techy will probably charge a fortune!)

Yours running out of money,
Virgoan

Ask a Question