Trying to find Lost Product Keys - Can I find out what Key is installed on a particular PC?

Scott Townsend

I'm trying to match up Stickers to PC with winXP on them. Thouh I cant seem
to find out what the product key is for a particular machine.

Is there a way to query the machine to see what Product Key is installed so
I can match up the Stickers?

Thanks,
Scott<-

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder is a freeware utility that
retrieves your Product Key (cd key) used to install Windows
from your registry.
Visit: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

| I'm trying to match up Stickers to PC with winXP on them. Thouh I cant seem
| to find out what the product key is for a particular machine.
|
| Is there a way to query the machine to see what Product Key is installed so
| I can match up the Stickers?
|
| Thanks,
| Scott<-

Steve C. Ray

Go to www.aida32.hu. Download AIDA32, the Enterprise version. It is free,
will give you the Product Key on the computer(s), plus a ton of other good
info.

Ken Blake

In
Scott Townsend said:
I'm trying to match up Stickers to PC with winXP on them. Thouh I
cant seem to find out what the product key is for a particular
machine.

Is there a way to query the machine to see what Product Key is
installed so I can match up the Stickers?

You can find the Product key with any of these:

http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/ViewKeyXP.exe

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Scott Townsend

Great! Thanks..

I downloaded few of them. Any way to get the info Remotely? I don't have
Physical Access to all the PCs. (Remote Sales guys)

Thanks,
Scott<-

Skorpion(CET)

I'm trying to match up Stickers to PC with winXP on them. Thouh I cant seem
to find out what the product key is for a particular machine.

Is there a way to query the machine to see what Product Key is installed so
I can match up the Stickers?

Thanks,
Scott<-

If you have Remote Admin on that particular machine, look in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion
There you should find several keys giving product info; ProductID,
ProductKey, ProductName, etc.

--
-------------
Skorpion(CET)

John Ski

Subject: Re: Trying to find Lost Product Keys - Can I find out what Key is
installed on a particular PC?
From: "Skorpion(CET)" skorpion(removethis)@suespammers.org
Date: 12/17/2003 12:14 PM Eastern Standard Time

If you have Remote Admin on that particular machine, look in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion
There you should find several keys giving product info; ProductID,
ProductKey, ProductName, etc.

This won't give you the Product Key. Go to www.aida32.hu and download the
Aida32 Enterprise Edition. It's free and will display the Product Keys for
Windows, Office, etc.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Donald McDaniel

Skorpion(CET) said:
If you have Remote Admin on that particular machine, look in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion
There you should find several keys giving product info; ProductID,
ProductKey, ProductName, etc.

Download AIDA32, from http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32
You will have to install it on each machine. Make sure you download the
Enterprise Edition. Using this tool, you will be able to display your XP
and Office Product keys.

You will be unable to display them using built-in Windows tools, since the
Product key is no longer stored anywhere on the HD in a readable state.
If the Product key used to install XP was the product key of a disk image
which was copied to all machines, the Product key displayed by AIDA32 will
be useless for reinstalling XP, since it will be the Product key of the
product used to make the image. In this case, you will be S.O.L, and will
be unable to recover a usable Product key.

By the way, the Registry Key given by the above OP will NOT display your
25-character alphanumeric Product key in Windows XP, since it is not stored
in a readable form or in clear-text.