Trust Wireless Optical Deskset

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have finished a review of the Trust Wireless Optical Deskset, the first product from Trust to be reviewed by us:

The Trust Wireless Optical Deskset is one of the few keyboard/mouse bundles to include all of the high-end features, but weigh in at a very reasonable price. The keyboard features customisable hotkeys and radio communication; whilst the mouse features optical technology, scroll wheel and radio communication. This mix of features allows the user the freedom to leave the confines of a desk, providing more mobility within the room.

<center>
</center>

Read the review here

If you are interested in buying this, you can purchase it from Source Technology for £40 + VAT! If you find a better price, please add the retailer to the comments section!

Attachments

• trustwirelessdesksetview.jpg
    trustwirelessdesksetview.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 6,534
Reaction score
Scroll button has problem

I bought it this week and I can say I was satisfied untill the mouse started having problems.

First the scroll button is not responding correctly. I need to scroll 2-3 times to scroll my page and still will not be smoothly. Also quite often it stucks, I realize it from the led on the receiver which doesn't flash. I plug the usb recharger for a couple of seconds and it works again (batteries are charged and everything else drivers, reception etc are ok).

Keyboard is really cool.

I would be grateful if I could have a reply on that.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a strange problem indeed - you may well have a faulty mouse, which would be best to contact Trust for a replacement if it doesnt fix itself soon!

Have you tried bringing the receiver closer to the mouse unit, and cleaning your mouse? Those are the only problems I can think of, off hand.

Has it been performing like this since you first started using it?

Reaction score
I changed the mouse for a new one and it's fine now. It was a faulty mouse after all. But I would really like to know if you can tell me how long can the batteries last. I used a pair of new simple batteries (ie not alcalic and rechargable) and lasted for a day ! And the software went from 100% to 15% straightway, not smoothly. I emptied the rechargable batteries completely and gonna try to see how long do they need to recharge completely. Manual says 3 hours but as far as I know rechargable batteries need at least 8 hours.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To be honest, I am not sure how long "simple" batteries would last in it, but I would strongly recommend keeping the rechargeable ones in it permanently.

I plug the charging cord into the mouse overnight and let the mouse charge up for the next day - (the USB ports also provide power when the PC is plugged in, but not turned on). The odd occasion when I forget to do this, I just plug the cable into the mouse when using it, and it just acts like a non-wireless mouse (but this doesn’t matter for the odd occasion) :)

Reaction score
I can't trust Trust...

Hi...again
It seems this company will hunt me forever !! And it seems very trustworthy. After 10 unanswered mails and a lot of time on the phone they only told me I should have ACPI support (I have an 1.8+ with Win XP) !!

PLEASEEEEE Ian I need your help. I've read in your article that the mouse batteries last for 2 days while in Trust's site they mention at least a week.My mouse takes less than 2:30 to charge and lasts for two days plus now the keyboard is not working !! I will change it for the 4th time but please help me on the matter of the battery. Thanks in advance.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, can you go into your BIOS and check for ACPI support, and see if its enabled?

How much are you using your keyboard and mouse? I've been using my keyboard for a LONG time now (hours per day for months) and it is still going strong...

Reaction score
trust optical mouse

I have this same brand new trust wireless keyboard and optical mouse, but the mouse sporadically stops responding. I have to click a button to make it respond again. Any ideas what's wrong? I wouldn't reccommend this optial deskset at all.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try turning the mouse upside down... does it have a warning sticker on it?

After 2 mins the mouse will automatically enter sleep mode to save battery power, I think this is the problem. The Yellow sticker on the base should explain it! 8)

Hope that helps!

Reaction score
trust wireless optical mouse

I know about the power-saving feature (which can't be turned off), but the mouse stops responding even if you leave it for half a second! And sometimes stops while I'm moving it. To make it work again, I have to click a button- which then causes a click on screen whether you want it to or not. Quite frustrating.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... sounds like you might need to return the item then.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The consolation is that 'consumer rights' are on your side. You’re entitled, within six months of purchase, to return the items for a full refund.

I don't buy anything made by Trust. I don't trust 'em. :brow:

Mucks. 8)

Ask a Question