True Vector Engine

CH

Hi all,

My laptop crash quite often.

I get the followng message from Event View Applications

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine ) cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information
or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

Can any one tell me how to rectify the following problem

Thks a lot!

Jim Macklin

True Vector Engine is part of Zone Alarm or McAfee (can't
remember which at the moment).
Have you recently uninstall either of these programs?

| Hi all,
|
| My laptop crash quite often.
|
| I get the followng message from Event View Applications
|
| The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector
Engine ) cannot
| be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information
| or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be
| able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and
| Support for details. The following information is part of
the event: .

| Can any one tell me how to rectify the following problem
|
| Thks a lot!

CH

No why is it necessary to uninstall these program since it is there to
protect our system.

thks

Julian Milano

It seems you had ZoneAlarm loaded? Install Zone Alarm again, then remove it-
if you really want to!

Jim Macklin

It isn't necessary, but if for instance, you changed for
McAfee to Norton and part of the McAfee program was still
trying to load and it couldn't find the file you'd get a
notice.

If the file was damaged or had been renamed by a virus you
would also get a notice.

I just looked and True Vector is used by Zone Alarm. You
might reinstall Zone Alarm to repair the file.

www.zonelabs.com Sorry for the McAfee reference, had
to open msconfig and look to see which used True Vector.

"CH" <strenuousAtGMXDotNET> wrote in message
| No why is it necessary to uninstall these program since it
is there to
| protect our system.
|
| thks

in message
| | > True Vector Engine is part of Zone Alarm or McAfee
(can't
| > remember which at the moment).
| > Have you recently uninstall either of these programs?

| > |
| > | My laptop crash quite often.
| > |
| > | I get the followng message from Event View
Applications
| > |
| > | The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True
Vector
| > Engine ) cannot
| > | be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary
| > registry information
| > | or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
| > computer. You may be
| > | able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
| > description; see Help and
| > | Support for details. The following information is part
of
| > the event: .
| > |
| > | Can any one tell me how to rectify the following
problem
| > |
| > | Thks a lot!
| > |
| > |

Jim Macklin

I just checked and Zone Alarm has a new update for the free
version.
www.zonelabs.com
If you have Zone Alarm installed now, you can just click on
the "check for update" button on the overview/preferences
tab. Just right click the ZA icon in the system tray and
click restore za control center.

Hi

If you are having a TrueVector problem, it is probably a
good idea to uninstall ZoneAlarm completely, then re-install
it, although it isn't normally necessary to delete the
Registry keys:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/znalm26Main.jsp#xp

Will

Will Denny

Hi Jim

If TrueVector is causing a problem - IMHO - best way is to uninstall/re-install ZA - not install the upgrade. I have been proved wrong in the past, perhaps I will be this time as well.

Will

Jim Macklin

You can do either, the upgrade is about 3.5 MB and you can
remove the old version and do a clean install. Or just
download the latest version.

CH said:
No why is it necessary to uninstall these program since
it
is there to
protect our system.

thks

"Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
in message part

---
23/09/2003

Alex Nichol

CH said:
I get the followng message from Event View Applications

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine ) cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information

TrueVector is the engine of the ZoneAlarm firewall. You need to
re-install that (I would go to the site, www.zonelabs.com and get a
fresh download to ensure you have the latest version)

Alex Nichol