troubles with dns-less connection to sql

Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting to certain databases on our sql server (2008 R2) using a dsn-less connection in access 2007. I've written a simple funciton that runs from an autoexec macro that links a sql table to access.

I want to use sql authentication and my connection string is stConnect = "ODBC;Driver=SQL Server;SERVER=" & stServer & ";DATABASE=" & stDatabase & ";UID=" & stUsername & ";PWD=" & stPassword

I can connect to some of the databases on the server but not the ones I need to. I don't have access to the sql server but I'm told there is no noticible difference between the databases when looking at permissions for the account being used to connect. For the databases I can't connect to I get a message "Run-time error 3011" Microsoft office access database engine could not find the object...(my table name).. Seems like a permissions issue to me since I cannot to some db's but can others. Any idea's of what I should look for on the db's or things to try?

Thanks,
Mike

Ask a Question