Trouble within FrontPage submitting forms on the server?

Hello-

In developing the pages of "Safetymanual.com", specifically this link:
http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html

It creates an order page inside a hidden location on the server where I can
not access!

It goes here...
http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html

But I can not access this page to alter the message to where I want it to
go. My customer really would like the page to point to:

http://www.safetymanual.com/shopmanuals/agora.cgi?xm=on&product=Manual

Instead of the page it goes too before it. In other words... we take a
step-by-step walk through. First we visit:
http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html (using IE), it pops up page at:
http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html which tells us:
"Form Confirmation
Thank you for submitting the following information:

Return to the form."

Which in tur points us to:
http://www.safetymanual.com/formrslt2.htm
(Oh, by the way, there is garbage below on this page... it starts with:

"","","","","","Office","","","Cell Phone","","","","","Select
Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
One","","Credit Card","Submit Order" "","","","","","Office","","","Cell
Phone","","","","","Select
Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...

I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go. The contend
from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway to alter that
confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart, or at least
the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than five hours
trying to figure tis out.

Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work if someone
is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this urgent
crisis!

Thank you!

Stefan B Rusynko

Too many errors to list
1) Delete the illegally pasted code line
<SaveResults" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed)"
startspan U-File="test_form.htm" S-Format -->
- cause by your editing the file outside of FP or in code view
2) FP does not support multiple email addresses
- many hosts will only send to an email address at the server so remove the 2 that are not at (e-mail address removed)
(probably why your form does not use your custom confirmation page test_form.htm)
3) You are sending the form (save results) to itself (order.html)
- so everyone's data is showing below the form at
http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html (delete all of them)
- save results in another page (a file new file in the _private folder named say formrslt2.htm)
4) Form names w/ spaces are illegal html
name="Safety Manual Order Form"
- rename it as say name="Safety_Manual_Order_Form"
- or better still apply some FP form field validation to prevent empty forms
5) remove the 2nd form from formrslt2.htm

IMHO
Delete the starting page (orders.html) and create it using the FP forms wizard instead of manually trying to edit code you are not
familiar with
- FP will create a results page for you in the private folder
- set your custom confirmation to a page like test_form.htm w/ a link to your cart

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| Hello-
|
| In developing the pages of "Safetymanual.com", specifically this link:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html
|
| It creates an order page inside a hidden location on the server where I can
| not access!
|
| It goes here...
| http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html
|
| But I can not access this page to alter the message to where I want it to
| go. My customer really would like the page to point to:
|
| http://www.safetymanual.com/shopmanuals/agora.cgi?xm=on&product=Manual
|
| Instead of the page it goes too before it. In other words... we take a
| step-by-step walk through. First we visit:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html (using IE), it pops up page at:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html which tells us:
| "Form Confirmation
| Thank you for submitting the following information:
|
| Return to the form."
|
| Which in tur points us to:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/formrslt2.htm
| (Oh, by the way, there is garbage below on this page... it starts with:
|

| "","","","","","Office","","","Cell Phone","","","","","Select
| Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order" "","","","","","Office","","","Cell
| Phone","","","","","Select
| Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go. The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart, or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this urgent
| crisis!
|

| Thank you!

Okay, if I create a new page as you suggested, it does the same thing. It
doesn't allow me to create a private folder in the submitting of the form...
I can explain to my customer about taking out the mutilpe e-mails as you
suggested.

I tried creating sample pages to make sure it would work like you
suggested... but for some strange reason or another it still points to that
"_vti_bin/shtml.exe/" location. It's getting frustrating trying to figure
this all out.

If I create a new form page, and try to re-create a form page to send
information it wants to place... move the page to that location. Why is that
happening?

Stefan B Rusynko said:
> [...]

| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order" "","","","","","Office","","","Cell
| Phone","","","","","Select
| Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go. The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart, or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this urgent

Hi Stefan-

I did as you suggested in FP with creating a new form page.

Visit: http://www.safetymanual.com/manual_o.htm

You will see it places itself in the forwarding location of
"_vti_bin/shtml.exe/manual)o.htm", why is it doing this!

This is the problem we are encountering? Is this... could it be from our
hosting provider doing this... did they do this? Or is there something I
could have done wrong?
Stefan B Rusynko said:
> [...]

| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order" "","","","","","Office","","","Cell
| Phone","","","","","Select
| Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go. The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart, or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this urgent

Ronx

It is supposed to do that. That location is the FP extensions form
processor - and the page displayed will be the confirmation page.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)
FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

Stefan B Rusynko said:
[...]

"(e-mail address removed)"
| Hello-
|
| In developing the pages of "Safetymanual.com", specifically this
link:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html
|
| It creates an order page inside a hidden location on the server
where I can
| not access!
|
| It goes here...
| http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html
|
| But I can not access this page to alter the message to where I
want it to
| go. My customer really would like the page to point to:

http://www.safetymanual.com/shopmanuals/agora.cgi?xm=on&product=Manual

| Instead of the page it goes too before it. In other words... we
take a
| step-by-step walk through. First we visit:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html (using IE), it pops up
page at:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html which
tells us:
| "Form Confirmation
| Thank you for submitting the following information:
|
| Return to the form."
|
| Which in tur points us to:
| http://www.safetymanual.com/formrslt2.htm
| (Oh, by the way, there is garbage below on this page... it starts
with:

| "","","","","","Office","","","Cell Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order"
"","","","","","Office","","","Cell
| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this
urgent
| crisis!
|

| Thank you!

Hi Ronx-

My customers and I want to edit that confirmation page to point to his
shopping cart. Why can I not edit that page, to direct it?

Stefan B Rusynko said:
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Tom [Pepper] Willett

You can do a custom confirmation page. See information in the help files.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
----------

:

> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Hi Tom-

Those help files don't really help me, does anyone have a suggestions of
white pages that will guide me step by step... I don't want the page to go to
the default confirmation page?

Thanks!

wrote in message
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Thomas A. Rowe

The FP Form Handler must process to a confirmation page, either the default one or a custom one. A
custom confirmation is any page you want to indicate, such as a page within the shopping cart, and
if wanted, can have custom confirmation fields, the will show the user what was just submitted.

However the confirmation page can not have any server-side scripting.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

wrote in message
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Thomas-

I created several custom pages, but the webbots of the "form" in IE keeps
pointing to the "_vit_bin/shtml.exe" foler which doesn't exist nor if i FTP
does it appear that I can operate or alter that confirmation page.

This is very frustrating... in (with) Firefox browser it works fine,
although it doesn't send the e-mail to the customer's account, but it does
forward to the custom page in order to point to the shopping cart.

So, tell me how to I fix this in IE so that when someone visits and enters
the data they can be redirected to the custom page and forward to the
shopping cart.

I would appreciate any code, or white pages to help me fix this problem.

Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
You can do a custom confirmation page. See information in the help files.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
----------
in message Hi Ronx-

wrote in message
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Thomas A. Rowe

The form at:
http://www.safetymanual.com/manual_o.htm
works correctly, as it display the default confirmation page, under form properties | Options |
Confirmation Page you would browse to the page within your current open FP web, that you want the
user taken too after the form has been submitted.

wrote in message
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

That might be right, but something isn't right. My customer tells me that
when he tests the order page, it shows the confirmation page, and it also
displays previous submittal forms from other customers before hand...
DISPLAYING them on the screen... which it shouldn't do at all.

Can you tell me if you are getting the same results... displaying the same
characters after the fact, after the submittal page of confirmation pops up,
and there should be no "''' after it, or anything else for that matter?

I would appreciate this, otherwsie, something else entirely has to be done!

The form at:

wrote in message
> [...]

| Phone","","","","","Select

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
| Performed","","","","Safety Director","","","","Select
One","","","","Select
| One","","Credit Card","Submit Order...
|
| I click on the link here which takes me to where I want to go.
The contend
| from the order page is being sent no problem... is there anyway
to alter that
| confirmation page to either point directly at the shopping cart,
or at least
| the page in the middle? I've tried numerous times for more than
five hours
| trying to figure tis out.
|
| Also, a final note... will the submittal of the e-mail also work
if someone
| is using a different browser? I'd appreicate any feedback on this

Stefan B Rusynko

Nothing has been changed at http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html
Did you read my post explained all you did wrong
- about not saving to the results to the form page in U-File="order.html"
- about deleting the illegal line of code
<SaveResults" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed),
(e-mail address removed)" startspan U-File="test_form.htm" S-Format -->

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| That might be right, but something isn't right. My customer tells me that
| when he tests the order page, it shows the confirmation page, and it also
| displays previous submittal forms from other customers before hand...
| DISPLAYING them on the screen... which it shouldn't do at all.
|
| Can you tell me if you are getting the same results... displaying the same
| characters after the fact, after the submittal page of confirmation pops up,
| and there should be no "''' after it, or anything else for that matter?
|
| I would appreciate this, otherwsie, something else entirely has to be done!
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > The form at:
| > http://www.safetymanual.com/manual_o.htm
| > works correctly, as it display the default confirmation page, under form properties | Options |
| > Confirmation Page you would browse to the page within your current open FP web, that you want the
| > user taken too after the form has been submitted.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > ==============================================
| > If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
| > a Service Pack or security update, please contact
| > Microsoft Product Support Services:
| > http://support.microsoft.com
| > If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
| > security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.
| > ==============================================

| > > I created several custom pages, but the webbots of the "form" in IE keeps
| > > pointing to the "_vit_bin/shtml.exe" foler which doesn't exist nor if i FTP
| > > does it appear that I can operate or alter that confirmation page.
| > >
| > > This is very frustrating... in (with) Firefox browser it works fine,
| > > although it doesn't send the e-mail to the customer's account, but it does
| > > forward to the custom page in order to point to the shopping cart.
| > >
| > > So, tell me how to I fix this in IE so that when someone visits and enters
| > > the data they can be redirected to the custom page and forward to the
| > > shopping cart.
| > >
| > > I would appreciate any code, or white pages to help me fix this problem.

| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |

Hi Stefan-
Yes, you also mentioned to me that I should re-create the form order page as
well... and it keeps pointing to the "_vti_bin/shtml.exe" location... my
customer is getting frustrated... not sure if they are just going to leave it
as it is or not.

But, if I change that code, I would like to test if first to see if it
works... like creating the same file... but renaming it as "test_order.html"
to see if changing the code works... otherwise, we have to go another routine.

Any suggestions?

Stefan B Rusynko said:
Nothing has been changed at http://www.safetymanual.com/order.html
Did you read my post explained all you did wrong
- about not saving to the results to the form page in U-File="order.html"
- about deleting the illegal line of code
<SaveResults" S-Email-Format="TEXT/PRE" S-Email-Address="(e-mail address removed), (e-mail address removed),
(e-mail address removed)" startspan U-File="test_form.htm" S-Format -->

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| That might be right, but something isn't right. My customer tells me that
| when he tests the order page, it shows the confirmation page, and it also
| displays previous submittal forms from other customers before hand...
| DISPLAYING them on the screen... which it shouldn't do at all.
|
| Can you tell me if you are getting the same results... displaying the same
| characters after the fact, after the submittal page of confirmation pops up,
| and there should be no "''' after it, or anything else for that matter?
|
| I would appreciate this, otherwsie, something else entirely has to be done!
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > The form at:
| > http://www.safetymanual.com/manual_o.htm
| > works correctly, as it display the default confirmation page, under form properties | Options |
| > Confirmation Page you would browse to the page within your current open FP web, that you want the
| > user taken too after the form has been submitted.
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > ==============================================
| > If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
| > a Service Pack or security update, please contact
| > Microsoft Product Support Services:
| > http://support.microsoft.com
| > If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
| > security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.
| > ==============================================

| > > I created several custom pages, but the webbots of the "form" in IE keeps
| > > pointing to the "_vit_bin/shtml.exe" foler which doesn't exist nor if i FTP
| > > does it appear that I can operate or alter that confirmation page.
| > >
| > > This is very frustrating... in (with) Firefox browser it works fine,
| > > although it doesn't send the e-mail to the customer's account, but it does
| > > forward to the custom page in order to point to the shopping cart.
| > >
| > > So, tell me how to I fix this in IE so that when someone visits and enters
| > > the data they can be redirected to the custom page and forward to the
| > > shopping cart.
| > >
| > > I would appreciate any code, or white pages to help me fix this problem.

| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |

Ronx

If you are using FPextensions to process the form, it MUST point to
"_vti_bin/shtml.exe" because this is where the extensions processor
is. This location is correct. You will not find this location in
your web - it is a virtual folder on the server.
The other problems Stefan mentioned must be corrected.

If you or your customer dislike this location, then look for a PHP or
Perl form processor instead of the FrontPage extensions.
--

Stefan B Rusynko said:
> [...]

| > > I created several custom pages, but the webbots of the "form"
in IE keeps
| > > pointing to the "_vit_bin/shtml.exe" foler which doesn't
exist nor if i FTP
| > > does it appear that I can operate or alter that confirmation
page.

| > > This is very frustrating... in (with) Firefox browser it
works fine,
| > > although it doesn't send the e-mail to the customer's
account, but it does
| > > forward to the custom page in order to point to the shopping
cart.

| > > So, tell me how to I fix this in IE so that when someone
visits and enters
| > > the data they can be redirected to the custom page and
forward to the
| > > shopping cart.
| > >
| > > I would appreciate any code, or white pages to help me fix

<[email protected]>

wrote in message

> [...]
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html
| > >> >> >> >> |
point to:
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |

http://www.safetymanual.com/shopmanuals/agora.cgi?xm=on&product=Manual
| > >> >> >> >> |
IE), it pops up
| > >> >> >> >> |
http://www.safetymanual.com/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/order.html which
information:
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
Phone","","","","","Select
| > >> >> >> >> |

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
Director","","","","Select
| > >> >> >> >> |

Industry","","","No","","","No","","","","Monthly","Weekly","","Monthly","","Not
Director","","","","Select
| > >> >> >> >> |
I want to go.
is there anyway
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |

Ronx-

Okay, but what we really want to do is change the confirmation to say "Thank
you" and to click here to submit your order... how can we do that?

Stefan B Rusynko said:
> [...]

| > > I created several custom pages, but the webbots of the "form"
in IE keeps
| > > pointing to the "_vit_bin/shtml.exe" foler which doesn't
exist nor if i FTP
| > > does it appear that I can operate or alter that confirmation
page.

| > > This is very frustrating... in (with) Firefox browser it
works fine,
| > > although it doesn't send the e-mail to the customer's
account, but it does
| > > forward to the custom page in order to point to the shopping
cart.

| > > So, tell me how to I fix this in IE so that when someone
visits and enters
| > > the data they can be redirected to the custom page and
forward to the
| > > shopping cart.
| > >
| > > I would appreciate any code, or white pages to help me fix

<[email protected]>

wrote in message

> [...]
| > >> >> >> >> |
| > >> >> >> >> |

Tom [Pepper] Willett

You can use the Custom Confirmation Page feature in FrontPage.
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett

| Okay, but what we really want to do is change the confirmation to say
"Thank
| you" and to click here to submit your order... how can we do that?
|
| "Ronx" wrote:
|
| > If you are using FPextensions to process the form, it MUST point to
| > "_vti_bin/shtml.exe" because this is where the extensions processor
| > is. This location is correct. You will not find this location in
| > your web - it is a virtual folder on the server.
| > The other problems Stefan mentioned must be corrected.
| >
| > If you or your customer dislike this location, then look for a PHP or
| > Perl form processor instead of the FrontPage extensions.
| > --
| > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)
| > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
| > FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

| > > Yes, you also mentioned to me that I should re-create the form order
| > > page as
| > > well... and it keeps pointing to the "_vti_bin/shtml.exe"
| > > location... my
| > > customer is getting frustrated... not sure if they are just going to
| > > leave it
| > > as it is or not.
| > >
| > > But, if I change that code, I would like to test if first to see if
| > > it
| > > works... like creating the same file... but renaming it as
| > > "test_order.html"
| > > to see if changing the code works... otherwise, we have to go
| > > another routine.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions?

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> under form properties | Options |

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| > >> | > >> >> >> >> |

I'm using FP 2003 - tell me where this is, to access custom confirmation
page, I want to at least edit that confirmation page.. to state something
differently...???

Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
You can use the Custom Confirmation Page feature in FrontPage.
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
FrontPage Support:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
===
in message | Ronx-

| Okay, but what we really want to do is change the confirmation to say
"Thank
| you" and to click here to submit your order... how can we do that?
|
| "Ronx" wrote:
|
| > If you are using FPextensions to process the form, it MUST point to
| > "_vti_bin/shtml.exe" because this is where the extensions processor
| > is. This location is correct. You will not find this location in
| > your web - it is a virtual folder on the server.
| > The other problems Stefan mentioned must be corrected.
| >
| > If you or your customer dislike this location, then look for a PHP or
| > Perl form processor instead of the FrontPage extensions.
| > --
| > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)
| > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
| > FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

| > > Yes, you also mentioned to me that I should re-create the form order
| > > page as
| > > well... and it keeps pointing to the "_vti_bin/shtml.exe"
| > > location... my
| > > customer is getting frustrated... not sure if they are just going to
| > > leave it
| > > as it is or not.
| > >
| > > But, if I change that code, I would like to test if first to see if
| > > it
| > > works... like creating the same file... but renaming it as
| > > "test_order.html"
| > > to see if changing the code works... otherwise, we have to go
| > > another routine.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions?

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> under form properties | Options |

Thomas A. Rowe

You have to create a standard HTML page and then enter the path to it under Form Properties |
Confirmation Page. See help for specific details.

Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
You can use the Custom Confirmation Page feature in FrontPage.
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
FrontPage Support:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
===
in message | Ronx-

| Okay, but what we really want to do is change the confirmation to say
"Thank
| you" and to click here to submit your order... how can we do that?
|
| "Ronx" wrote:
|
| > If you are using FPextensions to process the form, it MUST point to
| > "_vti_bin/shtml.exe" because this is where the extensions processor
| > is. This location is correct. You will not find this location in
| > your web - it is a virtual folder on the server.
| > The other problems Stefan mentioned must be corrected.
| >
| > If you or your customer dislike this location, then look for a PHP or
| > Perl form processor instead of the FrontPage extensions.
| > --
| > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)
| > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
| > FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

| > > Yes, you also mentioned to me that I should re-create the form order
| > > page as
| > > well... and it keeps pointing to the "_vti_bin/shtml.exe"
| > > location... my
| > > customer is getting frustrated... not sure if they are just going to
| > > leave it
| > > as it is or not.
| > >
| > > But, if I change that code, I would like to test if first to see if
| > > it
| > > works... like creating the same file... but renaming it as
| > > "test_order.html"
| > > to see if changing the code works... otherwise, we have to go
| > > another routine.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions?

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> |
| > >> under form properties | Options |

Thomas-

I will create a test page on the site TODAY & I will call it
"order_test.htm" and try to alter the form properties to point (ONLY in IE)
to a confirmation page.

I will try to see what the help page does to assist me in this... I'm hoping
that it works, because last time it didn't!

The other concern is a user that uses the FireFox browser... does the forms
process the data in front page and send it by e-mail when a user uses this
browser?

Because my customer claims that it never works!?

Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
You can use the Custom Confirmation Page feature in FrontPage.
--
===
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
---
FrontPage Support:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/
===
in message | Ronx-

| Okay, but what we really want to do is change the confirmation to say
"Thank
| you" and to click here to submit your order... how can we do that?
|
| "Ronx" wrote:
|
| > If you are using FPextensions to process the form, it MUST point to
| > "_vti_bin/shtml.exe" because this is where the extensions processor
| > is. This location is correct. You will not find this location in
| > your web - it is a virtual folder on the server.
| > The other problems Stefan mentioned must be corrected.
| >
| > If you or your customer dislike this location, then look for a PHP or
| > Perl form processor instead of the FrontPage extensions.
| > --
| > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)
| > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
| > FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

| > > Yes, you also mentioned to me that I should re-create the form order
| > > page as
| > > well... and it keeps pointing to the "_vti_bin/shtml.exe"
| > > location... my
| > > customer is getting frustrated... not sure if they are just going to
| > > leave it
| > > as it is or not.
| > >
| > > But, if I change that code, I would like to test if first to see if
| > > it
| > > works... like creating the same file... but renaming it as
| > > "test_order.html"
| > > to see if changing the code works... otherwise, we have to go
| > > another routine.
| > >
| > > Any suggestions?

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

| > >> |