trouble with transparencies on Mac

I'm having trouble getting a really clean edge when my png files are imported in PowerPoint. I need a very clean logo to use over and over again in presentations. I've tried different sizes and resolutions, gifs and pngs, saving them in my clip art library and inserting directly into a slide and they all come in with some degree of fuzzy edges. I've even made large files where I'm sure the alpha is only 2 colors with no anti-aliasing and still it imports with dirty edges. I'm creating my pngs in photoshop by placing an eps. I'm out of ideas, please help!

Thanks!!

glenna

Hi Glenna,

This is Glenna, too. Try this site:
Improve PowerPoint's GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG export resolution
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00052.htm

HTH,
Ms said:
I'm having trouble getting a really clean edge when my
png files are imported in PowerPoint. I need a very clean
logo to use over and over again in presentations. I've
tried different sizes and resolutions, gifs and pngs,
saving them in my clip art library and inserting directly
into a slide and they all come in with some degree of
fuzzy edges. I've even made large files where I'm sure
the alpha is only 2 colors with no anti-aliasing and still
it imports with dirty edges. I'm creating my pngs in
photoshop by placing an eps. I'm out of ideas, please
help!!

Steve Rindsberg

Can the graphic be done as vector art instead of as a bitmap?
PowerPoint always antialiases bitmaps of all sorts (that's "blurs it" to you
'n me).

--
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP

Glenna said:
I'm having trouble getting a really clean edge when my png files are
imported in PowerPoint. I need a very clean logo to use over and over again
in presentations. I've tried different sizes and resolutions, gifs and
pngs, saving them in my clip art library and inserting directly into a slide
and they all come in with some degree of fuzzy edges. I've even made large
files where I'm sure the alpha is only 2 colors with no anti-aliasing and
still it imports with dirty edges. I'm creating my pngs in photoshop by
placing an eps. I'm out of ideas, please help!!

Ute Simon

Hi Glenna,

I agree with Steve that vector graphics would be best. Copy&Paste from Adobe
Illustrator works very well, in PowerPoint right-click on the image and use
"Save as image" from context menu and save as WMF or EMF. Those are
meta-file-formats which can have vector as well as bitmap parts and
PowerPoint doesn't use anti-aliasing on EMF (Enhanced Meta-Files) and
reduced anti-aliasing on WMF (Windows Meta-Files).

Kind regards,
Ute