Trouble with multiple file selection in Vista Explorer

Lord Vladimir Fedorov

Hello everyone,

After some time of using Vista suddenly, I couldn't select multiple files in
Explorer either holding shift or ctrl. Any ideas how could I fix it?

I suspect Vista Manager tweaker has done this nut job, however Registry
doesn't allow to view the dates of hanges in it, so I couldn't be sure it is
Vista Manager.

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

In Explorer I cannot select more than one file or folder at a time, not
using the mouse drag options, nor using the control or shift keys, how can I
fix this?

According to Keith Miller [MVP] it's an issue affecting some users, the only
available work around is a script written by Keith that helps MOST people
with the multi-select problem.

It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.

Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..."

http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.

Lord Vladimir Fedorov

Hello, Andre!
You wrote on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:55:49 -0500:

ADC> According to Keith Miller [MVP] it's an issue affecting some users,
ADC> the only available work around is a script written by Keith that helps
ADC> MOST people with the multi-select problem.

Thank you, guys. Works.

As fars as I see it fixes registry at
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults
I think it's a registry value change issue.

Thanks once more.

With best regards, Lord Vladimir Fedorov. E-mail: (e-mail address removed)