Trouble with a "position-changed" event in a datagrid

O

Oriane

Hi,

I write a classic windows form application in ado .NET, with 4 grids. There are only child-parent relations in a unique dataset containing 4 tables : client->site->command->product. I mean a command is composed of products, a site has many commands...

I wrote event-handlers attached to the dataset so that when a row is selected in a particular grid (whose datasource is the dataset), a function called by the event-handler is in charge of refreshing the other datagrids.

It works correctly for a while, and suddenly the behaviour is no more correct and the datagrids are not refreshed.
When I look inside with the debugger in VStudio .NET I can see that the callback function is entered, but when I click on "NEXT" to jump to the first executable intruction, I quit VStudio and go back to the application.

I can't explain this behaviour...

Any idea ?

Oriane

C

Cor Ligthert

Orianne,

Sometimes will deleting the dll etc. from the bin etc directory and build
new help in this.
(after that you have made a backup first of course)
Cor

O

Oriane

I've identified the problem. I've inserted a try/catch block in my callbacks and I catch an exception.
Though, I've inserted before a try/catch block in my main procedure, but it didn't catch the exceptions raised in the callbacks :-((

Oriane

"Oriane" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de %[email protected]...
Hi,

I write a classic windows form application in ado .NET, with 4 grids. There are only child-parent relations in a unique dataset containing 4 tables : client->site->command->product. I mean a command is composed of products, a site has many commands...

I wrote event-handlers attached to the dataset so that when a row is selected in a particular grid (whose datasource is the dataset), a function called by the event-handler is in charge of refreshing the other datagrids.

It works correctly for a while, and suddenly the behaviour is no more correct and the datagrids are not refreshed.
When I look inside with the debugger in VStudio .NET I can see that the callback function is entered, but when I click on "NEXT" to jump to the first executable intruction, I quit VStudio and go back to the application.

I can't explain this behaviour...

Any idea ?

Oriane

Ask a Question