Trouble connecting to Web Service

Reaction score
Hi,
I know this issue has been posted many a times but I am unable to find a solution. I am working on a Pocket PC 2003 emulator in VS 2005 .net to connect to a web service
http://COMP1561/hello/Service.asmx
where COMP1561 is my PC name in the network where the IIS has been Installed. I Have also tried it using the IP address instead of computer name but still no results, i still get the Following error
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.Web.Services.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in System.dll

and the emulator shows Could not Establish Connection to the Network. The service works fine when i am using the Internet Explorer or some other application with the same address. Please provide some help on this issue maybe some emulator configuration settings or some other solutions.

Last edited:

Ask a Question