Windows XP Trojan Horse "sol550.txt"

Reaction score
How to delete trojan horse below. when I scan it with Symantec can't delete it. In Windows Task Manager I see process System Idle process it use CPU from 60% to 97% it size 28KB. When I end process it send message

"The operation could not be completed
The operation is not valid for this process."
How can I delete System Idle process?

This message from Symantec
Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Trojan Horse
File: C:\WINDOWS\system32\sol550.txt
Computer: PC203
User: SYSTEM
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Fri Dec 28 05:29:23 2007

Reaction score
Lol! First of all, DO NOT END System Idle process that's essential fro windows work!
Then, this Trojan is very easy removable.
Just go to MyComputer, C: , WINDOWS, System32 and find sol550.txt file and delete it. ( It may not allow you so you must be clever: create a folder there NewFolder and throw the file in, then cut the fodler to Desktop and then delete.)
Most of Trojans are fixed that way if you fix manually. I would recommend you SDFix, but I don't see that yu mentioend any more viruses? Because if so, please move this thread to Security.
thx, GameMaster

Reaction score
Maybe 2 reasons.
First is when you open Task manager, it's always higher than 60 % CPU,
and the other is if your cpmputer is slow because of viruses, it may take up to 99%. If it reaches 100% it may reboot your copmputer.
But now, I think your computer is perfectly healthy :)

Ask a Question